ever heard of magictilt trailer co

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class
i just got a bayliner 21' cuddy and its on a magictilt galvanized trailer.

is this a good trailer? its a single axle...i kindof expected a boat that size would need a dual axle trailer.

comments?

htv

Seaman
Re: ever heard of magictilt trailer co

With gas and gear, I got to believe you are pushing the capacity of that trailer. :cool:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Check the trailer capacity against the ready-to-launch weight of the boat. I like trailers to have more capacity than they are carrying by about 30%.

MagicTilt are good trailers. I had one. One thing, though. Make sure that the pin that locks it down (not tilted) is secure. If it falls out you have a problem.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

I bought a new MagicTilt trailer in 2000 for my 23' cuddy. It was a tandem axle aluminum rig and did NOT tilt. Bought it because the price was about 15% less than an identical LoadRite trailer. It worked (and looked) fine but I always thought the hardware was undersized for the capacity. Prior to that I had an older LoadRite (galvanized) and it had beefier hardware.

captharv

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Magic Tilt trailer is located in Clearwater Fl. There should be a tag inside the frame near the front which tells the model, serial and carrying capacity. You can also get on their website and get their customer service phone number and talk to them. Theiy are very nice to deal with.
I bought a new trailer for my 6500# boat a year and a half ago. It rides great.
Now, on yours. The axles come in 2 flavors: 3500# and 5000#. So, let do some number crunching here. My estimate of your boat and motor weight is about 3000# The trailer is about 600 more. With fuel, and the usual stuff in a boat add another 200#. I would like a carrying capacity of 4000 for that trailer. Add the 600 for the trailer weight, and you are way above the 3500 for one axle. Make sense?
On their website, if you have the model of the trailer, you can look up the carrying capacity and trailer weight. If the boat is much over that, talk to them. However, adding another axle, brakes, etc, it may be cheaper to trade trailers. I know thats not what you wanted to hear, but I want you to tow safely and without problems