Ever feel like this?(attn. cat lovers)

cpj

Ensign
Ever feel like this? :D :D :D <br /><br /><br />
image001.gif

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Ever feel like this?(attn. cat lovers)

almost every morning :) <br /> some how I got adopted by 8 of the wild things. most are layup cats that just like to have some lap space. they hate the keyboard as it takes a scratching hand away from them :) :)

Kiwi Phil

Commander

The only good pusxycat is a dead pusxycat.<br />Now before you jump at me,<br />New Zealand: written records state that early settlers had difficulty talking over the sound of native bird life, there was so much of it. It is hard to find that wild life to day. Most were ground living. Cats got them.<br />Australia: Cats devestate the native bird life and the small marsupials.<br />I go along with an Aussie who is called the "Cat Man". Any pusxycat found on his property gets the chop and is turned in to a Davey-Crocket style hat, head on top facing forward, tail dangling down the back.<br />When I catch the bxgger that is eliminating the cockateels around here, he gets a swim in the dam,(inside my little cage).<br />Sorry if this sounds a little calious, but.......<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

<br />Sorry if this sounds a little calious, but.......<br />
Calious?<br /><br />Sounds criminal to me, at least around here.<br /><br />But hey, whatever makes you feel like a big tough guy. I know I'm impressed.... those cats are formidable opponents.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I feel the difference in opinions may be due to us (Aussie and NZ) not having a native type cat. Hence when they were introduced by the European round-eyes, they had a devestating effect on native animals, and they had no real natural predator.<br />A lot of NZ bird life was either flightless or it nested and foraged on the ground, so it was immediate prey.<br />The Aussie marsupial does not only come in the size of a Kangaroo. The little ones are helpless to a cat. Aussie bird life is beautiful, but cats take their toll on it.<br />They have done mass damage to native wildlife in both countries.<br />So a lot of us here regard cats as an introduced species and pests.<br />I don't object to anyones pet, but I feel it must fit in to its enviroment.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

(sic)"and they had no real natural predator." <br /><br />Sounds like they have one now. :) <br /><br />Seriously though, I saw a documentary some time back on just that issue. I have four cats and they are natural born killers. Domestic cats are one of the few predators that kill for sport. Anything around my property that is too young, too old, or too stupid doesn't live long. Since none of it is endangered the cats actually perform a necessary function. For example, when I moved here we had an exploding ground squirrel population. Couldn't have been healthy. Now only the smartest and fastest ground squirrels live around here. Sort of your natural selection in action. Not your situation at all. I like cats but totally understand your problem. :) <br /><br />Dave..