Evacuee Rant

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
I've just had it with these scumbags that are dependent on the welfare state<br /><br /> http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=state&id=3441206 <br /><br />The link above is from our local paper. I've heard tales of people volunteering at the shelters where the people are complaining because when they got off the bus they were handed water and not cokes/beer. They were catered Jason's Deli sandwiches...people complainted they wanted hamburgers and McDonalds.<br /><br />Those I can't confirm...all 3rd hand, but...<br /><br />Now a tale I can confirm as it happened to a guy who works for my mom. This guys church (Hispanic, lower income type church) - my mom doesn't pay squat!!!! That's why I don't work for her....His church wanted to do something for the evacuees in their area. They don't have a lot of money so they did a pot luck dinner at the church for the evacuees. When the evacuees got there they were really upset because it wasn't catered...the comment was made....this is just stuff from your home.....we were expecting a catered dinner.<br /><br />WTF.....you have some people who don't have a lot themselves and try to offer what they could.....a good HOME COOKED MEAL....and these ungrateful people complain about it! I would rather have a meal cooked at home than some resturant!<br /><br />Also, on our local talk radio they had a segment on the Red Cross and FEMA debit cards. Some people getting up to 2 grand on the cards.....what were a lot of them spending their money on......Gucci handbags and jewelry....give me a break....that money should be used to find housing, clothing, food, etc....not jewelry so you can look high on the hog.....you can do w/out the dang bling!!!!<br /><br />Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of people really needing assistance (I even put down a couple of bills to the Red Cross Relief through my work), but what gets me is the thugs and government dependent people using that money for crap! It's intended to get them back on their feet....not go buy designer handbags and jewelry!<br /><br />I'm really starting to get fed up with these people doing what they are doing to our city....we try to help them and according to them, we can't do enough, not fast enough...where's the government......my question is....where is your friggin initiative to get up and try to help yourself!!

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Evacuee Rant

I heard a term recently on talk radio, ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY, that fits some of the evacuee types. They are probably figuring that when they run out of money they can cry to the government and will get more to blow, after all we owe it to them.. :mad:

Ron G

Commander

In the next town to use 3 evacees were arrested trying buy meth.and iherd there was some break ins.

Homerr

Commander

Yep.... I sure want some of those types re-located to my town. :eek: <br /><br />H.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

also, check out this link from the local paper. <br /><br /> http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/special/05/katrina/3351113 <br /><br />One lady did the right thing.....this young punk thug want's the handout...<br /><br />...The renegade bus driver became a national hero, a 20-year-old kid from the New Orleans projects, who did what the federal government couldn't do.<br /><br />He was on Fox News and CNN; he was interviewed by Oprah Winfrey.<br /><br />Early on, e-mails and phone calls poured in from people who wanted to help him.<br /><br />More than a week later, Gibson stood on the second-floor balcony of a Howard Johnson hotel, angry.<br /><br />"People are saying I'm a hero," he said, "but they ain't treating me like one."<br /><br />He called FEMA and the American Red Cross, but he never stood in line. He's the father of two — a 9-month-old and a 3-year-old — and he hasn't heard from the mother of either.<br /><br />"It's all been the run-around," the construction worker said. "Why can't somebody just give me a job and a place to live?"...<br /><br />He can't wait in lines like the rest....he feels the government owes him....just gimme gimme gimme.....I don't want to work or have any hardships to get it!

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

if there ever were a time to try some crystal meth down there, nows the time...

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

If I was giving out stuff I would put out in front.<br /><br />"Dont look a gift horse in the mouth"<br /><br />If I heard one complaint, I would ask for the item back, even if it was a plate of food.<br /><br />Ken

PW2

Commander

Who cares what sandwiches they like or don't like?<br /><br />On a scale of relative importance in the world, this rates about a zero. Now if you want important, how about Kenny Boy Lay, who with his cronies virtually bankrupted the state of California, cost untold billions to PUD customers in the Pac NW, wiped out the lifelong savings of thousands incl several very good friends of mine at Portand General Electric---<br /><br />And this guy seems to have been forgotten about, and is still walking around free--He may be down to just three or four mansions, I guess.<br /><br />Or how about the apparent civil war that is breaking out in Iraq as we speak...<br /><br />Anyway, I can think of hundreds of things going on that someone, anyone should care about, and this isn't one of them.

oddjob

Commander

Then start a topic or topics PW, its a free site..

KaGee

Admiral

Boy PW... things must be thin on your side to have to come up with Ken Lay. What in the world does he have to do with this topic?<br /><br />"Anyway, I can think of hundreds of things going on that someone, anyone should care about, and this isn't one of them."<br /><br />Yep, that's the ticket... ingnore what 40 years and 6+ Trillion dollars of the welfare state has created and focus on something else. :rolleyes:

D

DJ

Come on PW2. That's rule number 1 in the liberal playbook. That rule says: If you don't like the truth and the topic matter-change it.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

pw2, if you want to hi-jack a thread, you're going to have to pick a direction and go...<br /><br />Anyway, this saves me from starting a new thread...all you guys were right and I was wrong, wrong, wrong.<br /><br />recap: we have 50 New Orleans residents living in our church. I expected that after a few days the need for volunteers to serve meals & clean up would drop off as residents got over the shock and started caring for themselves. Makes sense, right? <br /><br />Well the wife took the morning shift yesterday. A few of our residents have jobs, we have volunteers who carpool 'em to work. Those who will get up and go to work, that is. A few of 'em do.<br /><br />We have volunteers signed up to drive the kids to school in the church bus. Eight or ten kids. The mothers get their kids up, see that they eat a good breakfast (prepared & served by volunteers), get ready on time, right? Wrong. Some of the kids might have a bite or two. Time for bus to leave rolls around, some of the kids aren't even dressed. Mom is trying to rush 'em, get 'em fed and on the bus, right? Wrong. Couldn't care less. 100% of the mothers. Bus driver standing there waiting...so what?<br /><br />Guess how many of the residents clear their place at the table after a meal? If you guessed none, you were right. Do they...clean the restroom? Clean up after a spill? Do any of the cooking? No, no, and no.<br /><br />Okay maybe you got some with depression, anxiety, PTSD, I don't wanna be unfair, maybe some with alcohol or drug withdrawal. But still...man, do I feel disillusioned.<br /><br />It'll take another 2 weeks to get 'em all placed in other housing...sooner the better.<br /><br />so, Lubedude, others, you know who you are, owe me a bunch of "told-you-so's".

KaGee

Admiral

Maybe PW will hop a jet and come spell ya a bit J. Ya, that'll happen. :rolleyes:

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

jtexas, have the "residents" been instructed of any rules? Have they been asked to have the children ready for school at whatever time? Have they been asked to clear the table? Have they been asked to help cook and clean? Some people have a different set of behavioral standards. Don't get pissed until the behavior continues after the rules have been laid out.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

gspig is right, these people just follow orders and have never thought for themselves in their entire life.<br /><br />I suggest you put up "sign up sheets" for meal preparers and housekeepers. Tell them that volunteers have to go back to work and their own families.<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, we've given them opportunities to do for themselves. It's a pretty big church, well-organized, with people on staff and laypeople who know what they're doing. We probably are 'enabling' them a bit - somebody will be along to pick up after 'em if they don't do it.<br /><br />There's not been any complaining, or hostility or aggression, nothing like that...just an approach to life that I'm not familiar with. But we made a committment & we'll follow through.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, got 300 or so in town on Saturday.<br />2 were arrested for raping a 13 year old on Sunday.<br /><br />Don't they have some way of checking up on these people when they get off the bus to see if they have anything in their background.<br /><br />1 of them has some drug charges on his record in NO.<br /><br />I am all for helping these people, but these 2 need to go back home, but nooooooooooo, now they are in our jail where my dollars will have to pay to keep them.<br />GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> but nooooooooooo, now they are in our jail where my dollars will have to pay to keep them.<br />GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
submit your claim to FEMA...<br /><br />FEMA will reimburse our school district for books, but no additional teachers or facility expense. Two of our elementary schools have hired teacher from New Orleans to handle the additional workload.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Here we go again. "All evacuees are ungrateful drug addicted burglars".<br /><br />This is a troll, and a shameless one at that.<br /><br />EDIT: I suppose you have all cooled off a bit (so have I) so I am going to unlock this thread in hopes that civil discussion will follow.<br /><br />If facts anger you, post facts and say how you feel. Unrestrained bashing of groups, classes of people, organizations and individuals is still not allowed here, whether based on isolated facts or not. We have overlooked too much of it lately.<br /><br />Mod4 will be posting the rules on quotes and links.<br /><br />Remind yourselves, folks, this is a forum for discussion, not a war zone.