ETHANOL FUEL PROBLEMS

PHILRAJOTTE

Cadet
Hello everyone I'm' a tank builder on Long Island and I'm' trying to learn as much as i can on the problems that boaters are having and fixes that i can help them with. some of the problems I'm' seeing is that the ethanol is eating the gel coat from inside of fiberglass fuel tanks and I'm' replacing them with aluminum ive' also have heard of the ethanol clogging fuel filers and carburators because it removes the old varnish left behind from older gas

txswinner

Banned
Re: ETHANOL FUEL PROBLEMS

Thanks, I will have my filters check as I am using some ethanol.

rottenray6402

Ensign

Phil, there have been quite a few threads posted on this subject. If you can figure out how to run a search (I can't with the new forum) you should be able to get a lot of information on this.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Guess that solves the problem of people wanting to know what to use to clean their tanks with. Glad mine is all aluminum and spic-n-span inside. No ethanol for me yet.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I think this is a thinly veiled free advertising post for a tank builder.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Please no solicitation for business and please remove business name from signature, that is not allowed here on iboats.
SBN

PHILRAJOTTE

Cadet

NOT A POST FOR BUSINESS AS IT IS DOING FINE. I GET CALLS EVERYDAY ABOUT THIS SUBJECT JUST LOOKING FOR ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS TO PASS ALONG TO OTHER BOATERS IF YOU DONT HAVE ANSWERS SO BE IT

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Get outta here.... we're not as stupid as JB thinks some of us are....