Engine stalling

Broaders

Seaman
My 2002 volvo penta 5.0 GXI-B starts up sounds good but stalls after about 10 seconds when around 1000 revs
. I have changed the 1) Fuel filter, 2) anti siphon valve. 3) fuel sending unit.4) fuel pump.5) spark plugs.
I have tried running engine from external fuel can. . I have checked the voltage of the alternator for running the pump once engine is running, 13.4 volts here.
So when I start the engine it stalls after about 10 seconds, BUT if I give the engine throttle say around 2000 revs it keeps running but at times backfires and will stall eventually.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Check the Oil Pressure Circuit for loose/pinched wires, bad sensor. Also Fuel Pump Circuit

Broaders

Seaman
Just a quick up date on this trend. I have a guy coming by on June 13th to have a look at my engine, also going to preform a diagnostic test on it. I will be back and up date the trend aster that.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Just a quick up date on this trend. I have a guy coming by on June 13th to have a look at my engine, also going to preform a diagnostic test on it. I will be back and up date the trend aster that.
June 13th as in 51 weeks from now?

the backfire means its going lean.

what is your fuel pressure?

Broaders

Seaman
Up date on my volvo pents stalling after only 5 10 seconds. Had a guy look at my engine today, found that it was a faulty connection (small amount of corrosion ) on the wire harness going to the high pressure fuel pump..