engine replacement 1900 carver 2557

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevs_gone

Cadet
The engine failed on my 1990 Carver 2557 and I need to get it replaced. It is a Volvo Penta 570 DP. Can I purchase a 350 long block rebuilt from anywhere and swap it out or is the block different for this marine application? If I have someone else do this for me how much will it cost? Labor? parts? just trying to get an idea for how much this is going to cost me. Thanks Kevin

kevs_gone

Cadet
Re: engine replacement 1900 carver 2557

The engine failed on my 1990 Carver 2557 and I need to get it replaced. It is a Volvo Penta 570 DP. Can I purchase a 350 long block rebuilt from anywhere and swap it out or is the block different for this marine application? If I have someone else do this for me how much will it cost? Labor? parts? just trying to get an idea for how much this is going to cost me. Thanks Kevin

Hello Kevin! This is Future you and after looking back on the last several years I can say with some degree of certainty that is is going to cost you a fortune, and more importantly your sanity. Run away and don't look back, cut your losses and buy a different boat.

In all reality, I decided to have a local shop pull the boat and swap the engine out with them handling everything, the total cost was about 6k before I got it back in the water. Whole process took about 5 or 6 months and the delays were maddening. Boat is running fine for several years now.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.