engine mount problem

nguoi_viet41

Seaman
Hello All,

I have a 1998 Yamaha XL1200. One of the piston got melt down b/c it was overheated. I replaced with the rebuilt engine. Run for 1 hour, it was fine. But then, the engine getting very SHAKY, and Some NOISE, and the FLANGE COUPLER got BROKEN. Both, the Engine PTO and the DrivenShaft Coupler are broken off all the finger.

Now I bought new flange COUPLERS, and damper to replace... but when I put in...aligning the flange couplers front and back in right position, THE BACK ENGINE MOUNTS are not touching the HuLL...There is a GAP of 1/2 inch between the back engine mounts and the Hull. The front mounts are ok..b/c there are 2 spacers almost one inch thick. Just the Back Mounts do not have the SPACERS.

Anyone has any suggestion? I don't know if I should make 1/2 inch spacer to fill the GAP or did I do something WRONG...Is it possible the new engine have a different HEIGHT?

Anyone ever has the same problems? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Tam Nguyen

quowy81wxuyar1slhnvn.jpg

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: engine mount problem

did you inspect the drive shaft bearing where it goes through the hull to the pump,, and did you inspect the pump bearings and liner clearance,, sounds like something caused the coupler to break also there are numerous different couplers so you may possibly have the wrong one but the motor mounts go where they go and if everything else is not lining up it isn't the motor mounts that are causing the problem