Enertia Prop Trial

I have a Glastron 2005 MX175 that I had to buy new last year for vacation when I stuck my hand thru the floor of my old crock. I love the new hole in the water, great boat for an O.F.(mature), great gas economy--but-the stock 13 1/4 x 21 prop gave me 4200 rpm with indicated 42mph, mediocre pull on vacation @2200 ft.above sea level. At home,3500ft, it was anemic, and when I got 5 adults & 2 kids (full load) I couldn't plane. My local power boat guru swore I needed a 13 1/4 x17 four blade SS. I tried it & got 5,000rpm & indicated 30mph. He graduated me to 13 1/4 x 19 SS, but I couldn't tell any difference between it & my stock Volvo Al prop, except I lost 2mph indicated & it was real fussy about trim and how tight a turn at speed.
Read this forum & decided to try the Enertia 13 1/4 x 19 this weekend. I bought a new GPS, so I'll be a testing fool for the weekend. At my home higher altitude I only need a bit more bottom pull for hauling the full load, we only tube anymore, so we should be good to go. I'll try the trim holes to see if I can get acceptable hole shot. When they all go home I'll try it MT & against the stock Volvo Al. If the Captain allows that is (is there gender specification for Captain-ess?)

Crownie2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Enertia Prop Trial

Great! Which powerplant do you have?

The diameter of the 19" Enertia is actually 14 3/8" - there is some bad info out there, even on the Merc web site.

My only concern is that Merc is recommending it for 150HP and over - and this may prove to be "too much" prop for your application. But hey, this is a new prop and I could be wrong!! I guess we will find out this weekend! d:)

Have fun testing!!

Bob

walleyehed

Admiral

the 150 and over is because it's only available in the large hub right now.
If they decide to go with a smaller version, it'll kick rear there too.
Word down the pipe is a newer design is in the works right now....not an Enertia, but supposedly even better.

Sorry to take so long to report. I didn't have all the time to myself to do much more than 5 runs. First my boat is Glastron MX175, 3 liter Volvo, 1.97 drive. Stock prop is 14 1/4 x 21 well made Volvo Al. The Enertia SS was supposedly 14 1/4 x 19. With the same people in the boat as previous (same large weight) with stock prop couldn't plane, Enertia prop on to plane in 12 sec.top speed 36mph & gps @ 4600 rpm , here is surprise 36mph speedo, ran same 2 ways. I finally got a moment alone and ran 5 sec to plane 42mph, again gps and speedo, @ 4900rpm. I took the trial prop back & decided to lower rpm a tad, and went with 20" Enertia. Got it home and put it on & then read the box-it states this prop is 13 3/4" x 20" pitch. I going out tomorrow fishing, but to a high alpine lake. i see if there is anything really significant in performance, or I might have to start this all over.:/

Sorry to take so long to report. I didn't have all the time to myself to do much more than 5 runs. First my boat is Glastron MX175, 3 liter Volvo, 1.97 drive. Stock prop is 14 1/4 x 21 well made Volvo Al. The Enertia SS was supposedly 14 1/4 x 19. With the same people in the boat as previous (same large weight) with stock prop couldn't plane, Enertia prop on to plane in 12 sec.top speed 36mph with gps @ 4600 rpm , & here is surprise 36mph speedo, ran same 2 ways. I finally got a moment alone and ran 5 sec to plane & top 42mph, again gps and speedo, @ 4900rpm. I took the trial prop back & decided to lower rpm a tad, and went with 20" Enertia. Got it home and put it on & then read the box-it states this prop is 13 3/4" x 20" pitch. I going out tomorrow fishing, but to a high alpine lake. i see if there is anything really significant in performance, or I might have to start this all over.:/

Crownie2

Petty Officer 1st Class

I know you may find this hard to believe but the box is wrong...

The 19" Enertia should be 14 3/8" and the 20" should be 14 1/4". This is from the Merc web site and personal measurement of my 21" (14 1/8").

See if you can measure it yourself or compare it to a known prop.

Bob

walleyehed

Admiral

I have 4 Enertias on the shelf, and the 20 IS 13-3/4"...

Crownie2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Perhaps I measured incorrectly...

At any rate there is some conflicting info out there.

Bob

walleyehed

Admiral

What info do you find incorrect?
I'll measure everything I've got in Enertias if it will clear anything up to help......

Crownie2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Kenny - if you go to the Propellers section on the Merc site and look under Products and then New Product Release, you will find a link to a PDF for the Enertia. Page two of the release lists the part numbers and sizes available.

I checked my 21" by placing it directly over (or under) (hub to hub) my 14.25" Merc aluminum prop and looking at the blade tips, it didn't seem much smaller in diameter at all - I would think the difference between 13 5/8" and 14 1/4" would be very apparent...

Bob

walleyehed

Admiral

Those are the early production figures, but all P/N's match the 4 I have...the diameter does not. As listed or measured.
Your 21 should be 14.125 (14-1/8") according to that data..I bet it's not. 14-1/2" is the diameter of the 17P, 14" is the diameter of my 18P, and 13-3/4" appears to be (best I can measure) the diameter of my 20P.
The 19P is on my boat wedged in the garage right now, or I'd go measure it.
One thought I have, is they may be measuring some rake in this figure, but I'll find out tomorrow if I can catch merc's new prop tech...
If your 21P "IS" the diameter listed, I'm not sure you would notice 1/8" on each tip...very close.

Ron G

Commander

Kenny have you gotten any numbers on the enertias yet?

walleyehed

Admiral

Yes, I do... I'm waiting for the OK to post results.
I "can" tell you this...there should be no reason for objection.....

Ron G

Commander

d:)d:)Im looking forward to seeing tha comparison between ;)

walleyehed

Admiral

The 18 and 19 both share 14" as the diameter.
Still waiting for contact on the OK to post the info.

Crownie2

Petty Officer 1st Class

They only go to 22".

This is not really a top or high speed prop. Just a good all around efficient prop.

Bob

Ron G

Commander

Too bad,the numbers are still going to be good.i thought i read somewere were they go on up in pitch and they have one for bass rig prop or am i getting my props jumbled up in my headd:)

Ron G

Commander

Yep i had the enertia and advantage confused in my head.d:)still looking forward to seeing the numbers.