Employee problem

one more cast

Captain
Re: Employee problem

Maybe this person is having family or marital problems and is awake or crying most of the night, pregnant with morning sickness? Did you try asking them why their eyes are red and puffy?

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> Don't look at my eyes or expect me to do much work before 11am or noon. Then let me get a good meal, and a cup of coffee or three, and look out.
ROFL!!! :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by SS Mayfloat:<br /> At work we have a person that seems moody. They will come to work with their eyes wide open, puffy, and red. Drags their feet doing their job and somewhat incoherent. Then later after lunch they come back happy and cheerful. Then their eyes look normal.<br />
You just described ME!!!<br /><br />Ken

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

If it was constant chemical abuse you'd probably see bad skin-spots etc and infections. If it's a derivative of speed then you won't be able to shut them up and they will start talking nonsense after a couple of days.Constant use causes paranoia too.<br /><br />To be perfectly honest it doesn't sound like the person is on drugs. From a logical point of view, there's no reason why-if they are using at lunchtime-they wouldn't do it in the morning before coming to work to alleviate the puffy eyes,moodiness etc.<br /><br />You could always try offering them a glucose-based boiled sweet in the morning and see if they improve.If you offer them to everyone then no-one will suspect...<br /><br />I'm like that in the morning if I don't have enough sleep or time for breakfast.

gonefishie

Commander

Yep definetely not drug, speed will keep the eyes wide open but not puffy, it will be bloodshot if they've been up all nite and will be red throughout the day since they haven't sleep.

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Diabetes is certainly something to look into. BUT, I've nver heard of the whole puffy, red eyes thing related to that. Do you notice any other unusual habits, like going to the restroom frequently? dry mouth? excessive beverage consumption? or eating significantly more than usual? Those are strong indicators of diabetes.<br /><br />If it's drugs, I think the scenario could be something like this: Person "uses" the night before, probably doesn't get much sleep. Arrives at work going thru withdrawl symptoms. At lunch, person "uses" again and perks up, red, puffy eyes goes away since they have been awake for awhile.<br /><br />It definitely seems like an issue that need be addressed with the employee. He/she is exhibiting questionable behavior that could warrant a drug test or at the very least to be checked by a doctor for a possible medical issue. It could be dangerous, whatever the reason. Depending on their job, it could be dangerous for other co-workers, as well. i.e. An incoherent forklift driver is not a good thing.<br /><br />Or it could be a simple case of an unhealthy lifestyle, which makes it hard for them to get going on all cylinders in the morning. No exercise, poor sleeping habits, etc... some people are just plain lazy.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi ,as a boss to around 35 people try the direct approach sit them down voice your concern over there appearance,heath and a.m. work performance and see if they will open up to you and hey welcome to iboats!

Thanks for all the help. She is not a diabetic. We work in a lab and do drug screens all day. Thanks to all the people who welcome me. Lady fish I have light colored hair. Nursing school is going good can't wait to be a nurse. I would love to help with the people from the storm.