Employee problem

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
At work we have a person that seems moody. They will come to work with their eyes wide open, puffy, and red. Drags their feet doing their job and somewhat incoherent. Then later after lunch they come back happy and cheerful. Then their eyes look normal.<br /><br />They took a breath alcohol test and passed it without any problems. This person is a habitual drinker. <br /><br />Just trying to figure out what kind of drug could make this persons eyes like this. We know pot causes the eyes to become squinty. <br /><br />What does meth do to a persons eyes?<br /><br />Any ideas.......thanks.........SS

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Employee problem

Not 100% sure but it sounds more like crack to me.

PW2

Commander

I agree. There is no doubt this behaviour is chemically induced somehow. A bllod test and a urine sample ought to solve the mystery.

brother chris

Commander

sounds like some sort of drug...especially if the eyes are back to normal after lunch. hmmmm....let us know after the drug test...I am curious.

Link

Rear Admiral

When did you see me?? ;) <br />Wonder if they are getting a hit of oxygen during lunch. Have heard about that with pilots. Dont know a lot about drugs though. Maybe some of the law enforcements here will have a clue.

ZmOz

Captain

Maybe he just doesn't sleep well. Back when I had a set schedule and woke up early I looked like I was on drugs 'till about lunch time. I just don't sleep very deeply and need alot of hours. Working for myself now I get up at the crack of eleven and look fine. :D

Hi this is SS wife. Had him post about this topic for me. Then he signed me up so I can ask my own questions. So hi. Thanks for all the input. :)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Welcome to the board Ms Mayfloat!<br /><br />Hope to see you around the board.<br /><br />AK Chappy

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ahoy! Great to have another lady in the group. Keeps us a bit more civilized that we might be otherwise. :) <br /><br />I agree that it is likely to be a case of chemical abuse.

ebbtide176

Commander

Hi Ms SSM glad to have you. :) <br /><br /><br />and Zmoz- lol :D (crack of 11 no wonder) :D <br /><br />yeah, i live thru those same symptoms just about... not a morning person unless its not a workday. and if i eat too much lunch, i don't really get to the full charge battery status again. i don't know why, but when i'm going boating i pop out of bed predawn wide eyed and cheerful...

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Usually meth won't cause puffy eyes. A person on meth will not typically be moody, but will be a very hard worker while they are high. It is when they are without the drug that they miss work and mess up a lot at work, or get moody. Meth will keep them going for up to 2 days without withdrawls. When they throw me on a day shift I am that way, puffy red eyes, moody. After lunch I have a chance to get away from the grind and wake up a bit. Also this year especially alergies are hitting hard.<br />It does sound like something is up there though. Most drugs won't leave them in withdrawls like you describe. Pay close attention to the pupil dilation, that will be the key. Also if on meth or coke they will have a lot of muscle tension. They will continually stretch and contort their arms and sometimes legs to relieve this tension. Stimulants often cause grinding of the teeth too. <br />If this person has a drinking problem, maybe they are hung over, then over lunch break get a little food and water down making them feel better and get hydrated again.<br />A note, drugs have to be tested by urine. They have to test the metabolized substance, which will be present in urine. Blood tests are for alcohol so for those in charge of the testing don't waste the money on a blood draw.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Don't look at my eyes or expect me to do much work before 11am or noon. Then let me get a good meal, and a cup of coffee or three, and look out.

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

sounds like coccaine to me, all the other stuff makes you very lazy coke picks you up and makes you a super duper worker. not that i have done it.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Just a totally off the wall suggestion: diabetes :eek: <br /><br />see I told you it was off the wall :D <br /><br />welcome aboard this ship of fools :cool:

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

now thats a good possibility, because they might not even know yet, so after they get a good lunch in and mabe something sweet they perk right back up. good one Bro!

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The discription given could also be caused by a non compliant diabetic. If he returns from lunch and appears OK then the food eaten could be making an improvement in health, therefore mood.<br /><br />Also consider a person who's withdrawing from drugs and needs a daily medication dose that he has to attend somewhere each lunchtime for.<br />Ross

Ron G

Commander

Welcome Ms deputy dog pointed out alot there doesnt sound like like meth,if it was they be bouncing off the walls then after lunch coming down,may be perscripition sleep aids or something like that.Hows school going?