Electrolysis not a bad thing

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I have a submersible pump hanging off the dock for irrigation. It is the envy of the neighborhood, I irrigate at 30 gpm. It is a 115v motor, I bought the pump on e-bay it was cheaper than to build one. It is a chinese product not made with the same safety standards. It is a 2 mire motor with no ground. When the pump is running there is no going on the dock or in the water, just for safety, there is a plug for the motor that could fall in the water. I have been watering a lot this summer and I noticed I have zero alge growth on either boat, they are both moored. It will be nice not to have to power wash the boats this fall.

Scott06

Vice Admiral
I have a submersible pump hanging off the dock for irrigation. It is the envy of the neighborhood, I irrigate at 30 gpm. It is a 115v motor, I bought the pump on e-bay it was cheaper than to build one. It is a chinese product not made with the same safety standards. It is a 2 mire motor with no ground. When the pump is running there is no going on the dock or in the water, just for safety, there is a plug for the motor that could fall in the water. I have been watering a lot this summer and I noticed I have zero alge growth on either boat, they are both moored. It will be nice not to have to power wash the boats this fall.
Would suspect the algee growth change is from something else as if stray electricity kept it at bay no one in marinas, which are known for stay current, would need bottom paint.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Would suspect the algee growth change is from something else as if stray electricity kept it at bay no one in marinas, which are known for stay current, would need bottom paint.

Neither boat was treated, and there is zero alge growth, unlike years before when there was no pump installed and running. Both boats are aluminum as well.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I am sure in the event of an " incident " that the manufacturer will step up to help !

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
30 gpm Wow.

That’s 10x what I get from my garden hose.

No regulations on removing water from the lake?

DeepCMark58A

Commander
30 gpm Wow.

That’s 10x what I get from my garden hose.

No regulations on removing water from the lake?

Nope, can pump all I want. My wife is home during the summer and it has been dry, conservitive estimate I have pumped over 250,000 gallons on the lawn this summer.