Electric panel toilet switch

Whazzup

Cadet
New boat owner. On my electrical panel I have a rocker switch for toilet on or off. Operates the water pump to the toilet. Do I turn it off every time after use, or do I jest leave it on and it will activate as required?

alldodge

Staff member
Well..... normally there is a water pump switch and its just left ON and the pump cycles each time water is needed. Having one mark as toilet maybe done the same way.

That said I wouldn't leave either ON when you leave the boat

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Sure, leave it on when you are there. Listen for the pump. If it kicks in once in a while when nobody is using it, you have a leak someplace. If it doesn't it's good. Still leave it off when not at the boat.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi. As above, unless it’s actually for the shower pump out.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Good point Q, might be for the mercerator, but I think that should keep running until turned of, right?
I think there are a few options it could be AD. Could be the macerator, black water toilet pump out (to shore or overboard), electric toilet flush main switch or the shower drain pump (usually has a float switch for that system I’d think). Picture might help.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Shower sumps : Some have a switch, some don't. I'm thinking its just for the head itself to pump the water from the lake. Unless it's a manual pump set up.

tpenfield

Staff member
New boat owner. On my electrical panel I have a rocker switch for toilet on or off. Operates the water pump to the toilet. Do I turn it off every time after use, or do I jest leave it on and it will activate as required?
Sort depends on what type of toilet you have.

Did you experiment at all? Is the flush on the toilet electric or manual? Got any pictures of electrical panel and/or toilet ?

Whazzup

Cadet
Sort depends on what type of toilet you have.

Did you experiment at all? Is the flush on the toilet electric or manual? Got any pictures of electrical panel and/or toilet ?
I have a toilet pump switch and a macerator switch. Sounds like both should be on as long as I am on the boat. Turn off when I leave? Thanks for ur help

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
The macarater either dumps overboard, witch is illegal in most areas, or dumps/transfers the waste to a second tank onboard.

tpenfield

Staff member
Toilet is electric.
It sounds like I have the same system. . . .

Water pump goes on at the electrical panel when you are using the boat (pressurizes the water system). Toilet flush switches in the restroom then brings the water to the bowl.

Should be no need to turn the water pump on/off after each bathroom use.

i assume that you have a pump-out waste tank . . . :unsure: