Electric fuel pump upgrade, which fuel filter/filter system?

Nextelbuddy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
mercruiser 5.7, non vortec engine swapped to vortec 5.7 (dont worrt all marine stuff from old engine getting swapped over to new engine including yes the marine carb, marine starter, marine alternator etc.... all that stuff i'm aware keep all marine yes yes)

purchased a carter marine electric fuel pump kit and also a summit racing fuel pump relay kit that has a relay, oil pressure safety switch, wiring to the starter/battery etc....

i have the fuel lines and fuel/water filter separator thats still in place (uses a quicksilver fuel/water separator)

do i toss that system and get something else like a universal inline fuel filter? or can i reuse the original existing fuel/water separator/filter system/lines.

flashback

Captain
I just did that to mine, I don't know how to refer to the thread but I had a couple of pics of my install. I used the existing separator but moved it to a bulkhead and used the mounting for the pump.
thread title was "fuel pump frustrations"

Nextelbuddy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
awesome i found it

thats good to know and i dont need to get anything else now except some extra fuel line.

thank you!!

flashback

Captain
awesome i found it

thats good to know and i dont need to get anything else now except some extra fuel line.

thank you!!
Your welcome.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
i have the fuel lines and fuel/water filter separator thats still in place (uses a quicksilver fuel/water separator)

do i toss that system and get something else like a universal inline fuel filter? or can i reuse the original existing fuel/water separator/filter system/lines.
No reason you can't keep the filter head and hoses in place and just upgrade the filter.

Quicksilver filters are one step above insect screen. Most OEMs recommend a 10 micron or better filter when using E10 fuels.

Racor - PFF5510 - Oil filter type can
Racor - B32020MAM - Filter with reusable Bottom Drain Assembly
Racor - S3220TUL - Replaceable filter for B32020MAM