EE BOATER, what did you get?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Have you tried anything out yet?<br /><br />I am going to be trying one of them GC's out in the next couple days.

eeboater

Commander
Re: EE BOATER, what did you get?

Hey SBN,<br /><br />Sorry for the delay, I was in KC yesterday for biznis. I ended up testing out the Tacoma, GC, and Ram. And after going through the three vehicles, I am going with the GC. I think it is for two reasons. First, I currently have a GC and I love it. Second, the only reason I was considering a Pickup truck was for hauling stuff. Leave it to daWife to present the obvious. I bought a trailer for my current GC to haul stuff. So, in reality, I have no reason to buy a pickup truck!<br /><br />Good luck. I really liked the GC.<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

How is the one your getting set-up?<br />Wife just left to go pick the one we are looking at up.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Here is the way this one is set-up.<br />________________________________________________<br />EDIT

eeboater

Commander

Honestly, I'm only looking at two different features in this new GC. First, it has to have the 8. I have the 6 in mine now and while it is good on gas mileage it had no guts when going up a hill, into wind, with a full load on it.<br /><br />So thats the first thing. Next, I'm sticking with a Laredo. I have a 97 Limited right now and I like the look of the Jeep with one color, no different colored side mouldings. Is one full color so there is no need to go with a limited there.<br /><br />I'm conflicted on going with leather or not. I have leather in mine now, so it's a toss up.<br /><br />I like how yours is looking - the Green should be nice. Looks like you are going with a high-end Laredo.<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Well Sean after much debate and asprins, I hate car shopping, I settled on a limited because of the way it's packaged.<br />
5669windowsticker05grandcherok.jpg
<br />
100742675.jpg
<br />It also has the tow package which don't show on the window sticker.<br /><br />Notice it's coming from NC.<br />They are delivering it and picking up the Subaru free.<br />If I don't like it, send it back.

eeboater

Commander

Damn Lester, I envy You. I had to put my purchase on the back burner because of some personal reasons. Be sure to post pics when you get it!!<br /><br />Now you've got this to look forward to:<br /><br /> Jeep Jamborees <br /><br /> Camp Jeep <br /><br /><br />AAANnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd...<br /><br /> Jeep Grand Cherokee Forums <br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Thanks Sean, it should be here Wednesday sometime and I will get some pics and post them.<br /><br />I like the memory thing for the pedals, seats, radio and mirrors. :D

Trent

Captain

Im glad SBN can buy a new car! However Id like to know? How the average guy can buy a car that cost that much? Im talking in general. I think the car makers have over priced themselves. But they keep selling them. My first house cost just a few thousands more that SBN new car. That was 15 years ago. I know things have gone up but I dont think that much. Am I wrong?<br /><br />Payments terms are getting longer...Interest rates lower.. Just so the average Jo can buy one?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Trent, this is my 3rd. new one in 6 months.<br />The Subaru was a 2004 model and it only has 2400 miles on it.<br />My 2004 Dodge truck and now this one.<br /><br />Chrysler offers some pretty good rebates and stuff, but to be honest, I don't know what the interest rates are. They gave me a 1000 bucks off on this one and the truck, but I have no payments so I can't say anything about rates and things.<br /><br />I bought the truck for 27,500 and the Jeep for 28,800.<br /><br />You know the saying about how money talks and BS walks? It's true.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Trent:<br /> Im glad SBN can buy a new car! However Id like to know? How the average guy can buy a car that cost that much? Im talking in general. I think the car makers have over priced themselves. But they keep selling them. My first house cost just a few thousands more that SBN new car. That was 15 years ago. I know things have gone up but I dont think that much. Am I wrong?<br /><br />Payments terms are getting longer...Interest rates lower.. Just so the average Jo can buy one?
Anyone can, on any goven day, buy any given vehicle, as long as they are willing / able to make the payments. They are not coming down in prices, so if ya want one, ya gotta pay...

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Thanks Sean, it should be here Wednesday sometime and I will get some pics and post them.<br /><br />I like the memory thing for the pedals, seats, radio and mirrors. :D
WELL??!?!? PICS?!?!?! NOW??!?!?!<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Sean<br /><br />p.s. I have the memory thing on mine GC now. I like it too! :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Not here yet Sean, they had one to drop in Tn. first, will be later tonight they just said. :( <br />P.S. is that memory thing automatic or do you have to set a bunch of stuff?

eeboater

Commander

Well, the way it works is you set your set height, lumbar support, mirrors, and radio station presets. Then, you set what number you want. Each keyfob is associated with a number. It usually has the number on the back. Then, depending on what keyfob you unlock the Jeep with, your own personal settings are enabled by the time you get in. Progamming it to the number is easy, the hard part is setting it to the way you like it initially. But, you were going to do that anyways, right?<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yep sure was. Was just tired of having to adjust everything all over once the wife drove it. ;)

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> A keyfob???
The little do-hicky you keep on your keys that unlocks your car?<br /><br />
01_1_b.JPG

SpinnerBait_Nut

So will it work also by just hitting the button to unlock or do you have to use the key for the memory to work?