Easiest way to weigh a boat

Beagleville

Seaman
I wouldn't buy a boat without a seatrial. And if required, a trip across the scale. If the seller has an issue, with either, they are hiding something
If I were a seller, I'd have no problem with a seatrial as I live on a lake. As far as taking it any distance on the trailer, I'd have concerns about that, although it would depend on how far. Hiding anything? Sure. I'd not be willing to have some stranger take off with my boat with no funds exchanging hands. Drilling holes in someone else's boat? I would take more courage and less courtesy than I have to ask a seller to let me do that.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Just drive it to the scales and weigh it, no cop will ticket you just for that, have a bill of sale to show your going to buy it..been stopped many times for not having a trailer plate...." just bought it, on my way home" never a ticket...

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I’d say you could use a weigh bridge…but I also think of you get the specs from the boat. You’ll know the dry weight. Add on whatever gear and fuel you have onboard on top of that…then get the details off the trailer plate. So my boat as an example. It’s 18ft. Dry weight of 1460 kgs. Add 100 kgs for being full of fuel…as another bit on top for estimated gear on the boat. Add on my trailer weight of about 500 kgs. She’s about 2000-2100kgs all in. Heavy for an 18ft and feels every bit of it towing her with my wee Honda CR-V