Early Sport Jet 90hp how are the 3 fuel lines on the pump supposed to be ran????

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The recirculation lines on my motor are all wrong. I'm trying to get them routed back right can anyone give me a diagram or tell me how the three outlets on the fuel pump are supposed to be ran please.

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Early Sport Jet 90hp how are the 3 fuel lines on the pump supposed to be ran????

single port is .motor block vent,on the part with two ports bottom is fuel inlet top is fuel tank return.

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Early Sport Jet 90hp how are the 3 fuel lines on the pump supposed to be ran????

single port is .motor block vent,on the part with two ports bottom is fuel inlet top is fuel tank return.

So the block vent is just left open from that single port?

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

fuel pump assembley (523 x 600).jpg

So #4 on this diagram is the vent, and doesnt require a connection to anything????

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer

the single line is vacuum. on the compression stroke it supplies vacuum to the carb so it sucks fuel to the regulator on the carb.

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Still don't understand where it connects. I'm sorry I'm such a beginner at these types of motors and with something so simple I don't wanna take to a mechanic. Yhank u for all your help you may have to break it down a little more if you don't mind. If it requires connection to the carbs cause I cant find it, or left open. Sorry I don't get it. But I appreciate all your help. Thanks

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Pics???

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I posted a diagram for the fuel pump assembly I saw it on there but now I don't. I can't figure out how to post pics from my iPhone. I'll keep trying. If you see a diagram for a 94 sport jet 90 it's part #4. Sorry I don't know how to post pic right now.

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer

do a web search for SBT jet ski engines . on there home page at the bottom there are listings for different things look for videos in the center at the bottom of the page. go to videos and there are videos of carb rebuilt that shows what you are after.

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Frustrated trying to post pics keep gettinf error. They are the right size and format. Idk???????????????????????

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Checked SBR website all good info but not what I need. Can't post pics due to maintenance on the forums. I know there are a ton of people in here who have the same motor as I do. It's a 94 sport jet non oil injected. All I need to know is where the 3 hoses off the pump go. I have 3 different diagrams and they are all misleading. I know the in from the tank and the out to the carbs. I don't have a clue about the one underneath the pump assembly. It's nearest to the motor. If someone could please tell me how it's routed on their boat it will be greatly appreciated. It's gonna save me a trip to the shop$$$$$$$. Thank you guys for Savin me a little money. When I get these fuel recirculation lines routed right I can put this thing in the water. Maybe the other nipple on the fuel pump doesn't connect to anything like said above a block vent. I just need to know for sure. Thanks

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks guys I think I've figured out just need to run and see if they stay on.

tednv

Seaman

photo.jpg

lots of useless advise, solution attached (i had the same question, didn't think it was such a difficult one, but apparently it is)

also, if you're using tygon lines, would recommend using small zip ties on the intake side to hold them in place, same size as zip ties on the carb vent tubes