E60tledr project motor

rowerowe101

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I picked this bad lad up and went from a stuck starter solenoid and no spark to getting spark on 2/3 off the cylinders, allowing to run at 1/2 throttle and up but immediately cutting out at idle.. almost before I even fully bring throttle back to neutral. So I suspect air leak. Pressure test fuel system and determine pump and carbs are not holding pressure . I’ve ordered a rebuild kit for pump, and have already rebuilt the carbs but I’m a bit stumped with them; adjusted float ; made sure brass fitting all the way in,
Inlet fuel hose tightened as much as possible,and that everything has been replaced/installed properly in general but they still won’t hold pressure … any idea what is going on here? The float should rise and shut the needle/hold pressure when I pump my pressure guage right ? Also is the nozzle gasket completely necessary for operation ? Seems kinda useless just sitting on the top of the nozzle..

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Why would the nozzle gasket be useless?-----Just don't leave them on your work bench.----Install them.-----Once carburetors are full the pressure can drop off on the bulb.-----Once motor is running the bulb does not need to be hard !

rowerowe101

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Why would the nozzle gasket be useless?-----Just don't leave them on your work bench.----Install them.-----Once carburetors are full the pressure can drop off on the bulb.-----Once motor is running the bulb does not need to be hard !
Yea it’s installed , I guess I just don’t understand it’s function.
Yea it’s installed I guess I just don’t understand it’s function.

For sure, I don’t mean they’re not holding pressure from fuel primer bulb tho.

I pulled them to bench test with a handheld mittyvac pressure guage and they’re not holding at all. Should be sitting at like 3 psi.

I guess I’ll keep adjusting float level , or maybe they’re just bad carbs, I don’t wanna order new ones tho , so expensive 🥹