E-Tec Oil Tanks 90 HP 2005

Low dsrt jon

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
May 14, 2009
Messages
77
I bought my E Tec new in 2005. The only problem that I have had with it is the Plastic Oil Tank breaking where you screw on the cover. I had it replaced for free under warranty. It was two years old when it occured. I was told by the dealership where I bought it that it also happened to another engine the same as mine. I want to hear from anybody that has had this problem and just how frequent it occurs. It is a real mess to clean up but the mechanic who replaced it did a great job on it . Just like new. Thanks Low Dsrt Jon 107 today in Blythe CA.
 

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
51,019
Re: E-Tec Oil Tanks 90 HP 2005

is the tank exposed to the sun all the time?
 

Low dsrt jon

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
May 14, 2009
Messages
77
Re: E-Tec Oil Tanks 90 HP 2005

Never It is under the shroud kept in the shade. I do not knom why the plastic cracked it wasn't overtightened. LDJ
 
Top