Dusky 25.6 Center Console - Twin 200HP optimax Mercs

Taboga

Cadet
Dear Sirs,<br />I just want some advice on my Dusky, one is, should it take out the anti-fauling since I keep it out of the water?<br />And the other thing is that my Dusky transom looks very small, it look like if were sinking, and that scare the **** out of me when I am on Fishing Tournaments. I have check the transom bracket to see if water is getting inside but it is not that. Maybe it is overpowered?<br /><br />Anyother info about my DUSKY please advice me, I just bought it second hand........<br /><br />Best Regards<br />Carlos from Panama

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Dusky 25.6 Center Console - Twin 200HP optimax Mercs

Moving to Boat Questions

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Carlos, I have a 1990 26' dusky with twin 200 hp evinrudes. Due to a problem I was having I called the Dusky factory in dania, fl and spoke to the man who was responsible for horsepower rating on their boats. He informed me that my boat was rated for a max combined horsepower of 350, or twin 175's. Haven't had any problems and have been in some rough waters in the gulf a time or two. Except for the time I didn't put the plug in the drive bracket. The boat does not have a drain plug or I would probably forget that also.

Fly Rod

Commander

Taboga<br /><br />You really don't need the anti fouling paint if it is out of the water, dry docked. You could just let it wear off over a period of time. taking it in and out of the water does not give the growth a chance to grow.<br /><br />You must have the old engine transom mount with the brass nut on the bottom. If you do check and see if water is getting in that section. I had a problem wwith water seeping in the engine mount bolts. If that is the problem take off the nuts washers one at at time and put a glob of silicone and tighten. They are hard to get to<br />Also put some thread tape or pipe compound on the brass nut before tightening.

Fly Rod

Commander

Click on www.dusky.com and send them an email about your problem about it looks like you are sinking and if thetwin 200s are to much.