Duroboat - Help me decide Please!

Codedog

Seaman
I posted this on the Boating board as well, but thought I'd post it here as well. Hope nobody minds!...<br /><br />Today I saw a nice 15 foot Duroboat -(aluminum, built in Seattle) with a 25 horse Evinrude twin cyl. Seems to be in great shape. Engine, hull & trailer are all '97.<br /><br />The boat is a "walk-thru" with the steering console slightly ahead of mid-ship on the right gunwale.<br /><br />Has anyone heard of these boats? Looking at the website it seems well engineered and the shape looks good for the water I would be running in - big bays to small sloughs & lakes.<br /><br />The owner is asking $4100 for boat, trailer, motor, fish finder but no trolling motor. I would like to have more HP, but max rating for this is 30.<br /><br />Any Help??? Thanks in advance!

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Duroboat - Help me decide Please!

Hello.<br />Sounds like a good balanced outfit.You said something that sounds like Seattle?Be sure to ask this guy if he used that boat in salt water and if the answer is yes ask him if he cleaned out the cooling water system after use and how often.You should make your decision according to those answers.<br />Remember boats are like women,there's not a hand full but a land full.

DP

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am very familier with the Duraboat. Very well made and strong, the 25 should handle it with no problem. <br />As stated above check it out for salt water usage and if you can't run the boat at least run the engine on a hose and do a compression check.

Codedog

Seaman

Thanks. The boat/motor has only been used in fresh water lakes (Lake Tahoe & Central CA valley lakes). Twice in the Sacramento Delta. The boat is manufactured in Seattle but was originally sold in Calif.<br /><br />I will have the opportunity to run it in the water and do a comp. check as well.null