Duranautic DN-14 Transom

film495

Petty Officer 1st Class
in my search for a used 14 foot aluminum boat. I ran into on that is a brand I never heard of before. The transom on it looks odd to me, but I searched and found others with that same vertical board. I think this is just weird enough for me to not take a chance on an old boat that has something peculiar to me that could be a problem. anyone familiar with these? If I had to guess, and I do, since the seller doesn't know, that looks like a 20" transom to me, and I'm looking for something to take a short shaft 15"n motor.

Attachments

• duranautic.jpg
    duranautic.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 11

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
thats a 15" transom, common on some small utility boats from 40-60 years ago

briangcc

Commander
It's just giving the outboard something to clamp to. It's tied to the transom and floor. I wouldn't be worried about that as its not like you're strapping a 70HP 4 stroke to it.

film495

Petty Officer 1st Class
I looked up some other Duramatic boats of the same size and they have their transoms like that, odd to me anyway, with the vertical board. Guy said he thought it was a 20 inch transom, so - I'm not going to drive an hour to measure it for the guy if he is wrong I don't think. Funny, how many poeple trying to sell a used boat, don't know anything, half of them can't say what make/model is, and it is never in the ad. Just funny, like trying to sell a car, and just saying car for sale, with a picture and letting the buyer ask even the most basic questions about what it is, same with the trailer, half know, half are just clueless, and all I care about as a buyer is that I'll be able to register it and not run into problems after paying cash.