Durabak coverage on sanded wood

guardrail22

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
May 17, 2013
Messages
10
Ordering this weekend, anyone have actual experience with coverage for Durabak 18 on sanded wood?

With 190SF I am expecting four gallons will provide two coats.
 

guardrail22

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
May 17, 2013
Messages
10
Re: Durabak coverage on sanded wood

Ordering this weekend, anyone have actual experience with coverage for Durabak 18 on sanded wood?

With 190SF I am expecting four gallons will provide two coats.

NO ONE has ever done this??
 

bldtrailer

Cadet
Joined
May 21, 2013
Messages
8
Re: Durabak coverage on sanded wood

I put down durabak on my 20' pontoon in March of this year. I applied three coats and took a little less than 3 gallons. So far it has held up well. I pulled up the carpet and most of the backing did not come off. I used a stiff wire brush and scrubbed the entire deck to get rid of the fuzz. The backing was still attached to the wood. So far I have had no peeling of the durabak coming off the deck.
 

guardrail22

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
May 17, 2013
Messages
10
Re: Durabak coverage on sanded wood

two coats applied. Vendor sent quarts so I got 16 cans. Used 5 on first coat, 8 on second - intuitively backwards - you'd expect more on coat one.

Getting ready to reassemble after which I may put a thrid coat on high traffic areas - near gates and in center.
 
Top