duoprop shake slowly when turn right-left

Hello,

Twin duoprop DPS-A 2008.
3 years ago I changed all Ujoint, and last summer It start shaking slowly on drive when I turned full right or full left. any idea what can be the issue ? sterndrives are presently in my garage and all Ujoint are fine, they move smooth without any restriction.

I can not figure out where that shaking is come from
thanks

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Not sure I would be concerned if the vibration is from a full turn. If the drive/engine alignment is not correct, that will exacerbate the vibration. You check that annually hopefully?

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
you will usually get some vibration when the steering is cranked over all the way one way or the other since U joints are not designed for extreme angle use like CV joints are, but I know there were some complaints on the Volvos of the steering oscillating from side to side during low speed maneuvering, not sure what the cause or solution was. As a general rule I never run mine tilted all the way up, only about 1/2 way up and never turn the steering all the way to one side or the other especially when tilted up. Still have the original u joints on a 1988 Cobra.

All right guys, im very smooth with her anyway, so I keep it like that but will keep my eyes open... thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
did you smack your props on something? if you have dinged props, your drive will shake like a dog passing a peach pit.

props are fine, it shake only on idle when i turn full right or left, when i drive it straight no issue or vibration at all.