Dumb Questions

dolluper

Captain
That rental thread sparked the old light blub. When I was in the garage business I actually had a female gendered person ask me if there was a rental fee on the waterpump I was throwing on her car,I cracked up so bad I had to excuse myself and have one of my workers finish serving her So have you ever been asked a real dilly???Lets hear there should be some good laughs

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Dumb Questions

This aint fair, but my brother-in-law thought you needed electricity to flush a toilet.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I've had a few teenagers ask me if I can sell them a powerband for their dirtbikes.<br /><br />I gave the 1st one an elastic band and told him he could have it for free as long as he fitted it himself.

NathanY

Commander

My wife calls me at work and asks,"Watchya doing?" That kills me. I drive a dumptruck, what do you think I'm doing.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by BanjoBoy Nate:<br /> My wife calls me at work and asks,"Watchya doing?" That kills me. I drive a dumptruck, what do you think I'm doing.
When my wife does that to me I generally reply "Talking to you on the phone" :) <br />No fun for my on those nights, she's not very happy with me. :D

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

My favorite was when my wife called me (at home) and asked me "Where you at?" So I told her some road near home. To her defense she normally calls me on my cellphone (hands free while on the road).

NYMINUTE

Captain

Dumb statement: One of my machinist told me he was leaving for the day to find another job. He said he couldn't afford to work here anymore, he wasn't making enough $$. Lose 5 hours pay to job hunt?? Duh!

revertmastec

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had a neighbors daughter about 16 or so tell me she like the decorative boulder i have in my front yard. She said she liked it so much she was going to "GROW" one of her own. Sorry ladyfish she was blonde. :eek: :eek:

SoulWinner

Commander

I don't know guys, recently posts by PW, rodbolt and David Moore have been real gut busters!

NYMINUTE

Captain

The one "stupid question" that rises to the top was my neighbor (female) walks over after i backed my new (yes new) boat in the drive. She says. Did you get a new boat? I had to respond with my NY sarcasm, No Denise this is an RV, So Duh! Being a card carrying air head she said, it looks like a boat! WHERE IS THE ROPE?

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I have a 700 water garden (complete with fish, lillies, a waterfall, etc.)<br /><br />Here's a picture:<br />
PondSquirrelsView.jpg
<br /><br />You would not believe the number of people who exclaim, "man, you must have one enourmous water bill!" as they watch the waterfall produced from my 900 GPH pump (which is hidden pretty well).<br /><br />That statement is normally followed by "where does all the water go?" or "why doesn't it overflow?"<br /><br /> :rolleyes:

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Situation; court trial, offence wilfull exposure.<br />Male offender siting in ute(pickup) exposing his person to a young girl.<br /><br />Nameless prosecutor asked the witness if it was errect. Witness must have thought the question was in relation to the car being "a wreck" because the innocent answer was O'h no, it was a new one.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

""I have a 700 water garden""<br /><br />What does the "700" mean ?

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I can't say I've heard any dumb questions. I sure hope I'm not the one asking them. ;) <br />Bassy

ZmOz

Captain

My neighbor was having problems with her computer. She called me and asked "where's the 'any' key?".<br /><br /> :rolleyes:

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was working at Stevens Pass Ski Resort one winter, and it was really snowing hard one day. As I was walking to the lodge for lunch, a lady asked me "At what point would the snow fall close the ski resort?" :eek: :eek: <br /><br />I said, "If the hwy is open, it's a prretty good bet we will be open. If the hwy is closed, pretty good bet we are still going to be open." :D ;) <br /><br />Another time while working there they closed the hwy to the west side of the cascades and announced it at the lodge. I was totally shocked at the number of people that came off the mountian (The ski lifts never stopped) got in their cars and waited in line for the road to open. :confused: :confused: My thoughts are, if the road is closed, why not ski till they close or they open the road??? :D :D

Twidget

Commander

She called me and asked "where's the 'any' key?".
IBM had to change their manuals in the '80s for just that question. Now they have something like hit the spacebar. :)

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> ""I have a 700 water garden""<br /><br />What does the "700" mean ?
Oops, 700 gallon water garden.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice looking water feature, James. We're going to put one in in the fall.