dumb question I know but I'm new to this :P

aerinah

Cadet
Ok so we (my husband and I) bought our boat that we plan on fixing up and fishing with. I was talking with my insurance agent and she asked me the HP of the engine... umm 120?? I know it's not that easy maybe it is can you guys help out a gal??

Our boat and engine:

1968 Glastron Swinger v-177 17' Tri-Hull
Mercruiser 120 I/O

I'm starting my research on the boat but am coming up short; even the classicglastron.com does not have much informaition on our specific boat just lost of generic info on all of them.

Can anyone help me find specifics or anyone own one of these boats and know a lot about them?? Help?! Thanks in advance :)

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander
Re: dumb question I know but I'm new to this :p

Did you try the stickies @the top of the forum I believe it could help back to 63 if it's a merc. If not more knowledgable guys will definately chime in soon.

Alumarine

Captain

Hi there. Nice boat - but I'm biased.

It is 120 hp if it's a Mercruiser 120 I/O.

jkust

Rear Admiral

The 120 denotes 120 HP so, yes it is that easy.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Your question has been answered..But since nobody has said it, I'll be the first..

Welcome Aboard to you and your husband!
Lots of great help here on this site..If you ever need any engine or outdrive help, this forum is the place.

Check out the other great forums as well...You can just shoot the breeze in Dockside Chat, or discuss boating in general in the Boat Topics forum...

There is even a forum just for Glastron Owners, just like yourselves..

Enjoy

aerinah

Cadet

thanks for all the information :) Yes I'm sure the stickies up top would help but I get lost with so much information :) I'm sure we'll have many more dumb questions along the line; thanks for putting up with people like us! Hope to see some of you out on the water soon!

boat1010

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The only dumb questions are the unasked ones. Welcome!!!!