Dukes of Hazzard

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Any fans?<br />There's a marathon on CMT (327 direct sat).<br />I almost forgot what a hotty Daisy was. :D

HawkDriver

Cadet
Re: Dukes of Hazzard

Funny you should ask, I just rented the whole first season from blockbuster. We'll see if the kids enjoy it as much as I plan to. It's been years and years since I saw it.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just turned it on!!! My girl got me the first and second season on DVD as a gift a while back.<br /><br />Man! TV at it's finest! :)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I have a Poster and you don't. Nyah! :p My brother was on the Californian a few years back (whaling ship converted to whale research). She and Appolonia did a promo. Appolonia isn't on the poster, just Catherine Bach (Daisy) in her short shorts. :eek: Eat your hearts out! :D Luke Duke grew up about an hour west of here.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

daisy.jpg

Trent

Captain

Wonder what happened to her? Guess she got married and had kids?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Don't know but here is a shot of her in Jan. of this year.<br />
gglobesarrive05g.jpg

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I been watchin' all week end Dukes were my son favorite show when he was growing up. Man, Daisy was fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ben Jones (Cooter) used to be Mayer of a town (Sperryville) not very far from here. He had a shop set up called "Cooters Garage" where he had the General Lee out front and usually a bluegrass band and a big BBQ on the weekends. Just before he closed up that shop, my girl and I happed to be stopping by while he was there. We got a great picture of us with Ben Jones infront of the General Lee with my girl sitting in the window. I'll post it later if I can find it. By the way, the doors ARE welded shut. :) <br /><br />From what I understand, he's still got another shop setup in TN somewhere.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I hated that show when it was runnin, but like Blu Lunch, my son loved it...so we watched it every week. He used to run around with his toy gun saying he was "Roscoe p cotrain" constantly.<br />It still makes me grin thinking back on it all.<br />I flipped-over to the duke boys while the bush racers were waiting for ma-nature to give the track back.<br />Brought back some good memories for sure! :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Bo Duke was so fine. Still is. :D :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Many of you know I run a small side business dealing with Special Effects. I did a movie a few years back (was seen on PAX) called Lightning: Fire From the Sky and it starred John Schneider. I was told some interesting facts about the show and it's demise. There is a field full of dead General Lee cars that still exsists. Many of them rarely made more than one jump. They had the highest stunt man injury and turnover of almost any show. Hey buddy do you wanna be a stundman...... jump this charger over that bridge. A lot of compression fractures I was told. My favorite part about the show was all the special effects were real. Real explosions, real car jumps and nothing computer generated. Did I mention that I don't mind watching a fine pair of legs sticking out of "Daisy Duke" shorts.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea Bob, I heard that.<br />I forget now the number of cars they went through in one show.<br /><br />Oh yea, 10-4 on the legs. ;)

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Let's see...Catherine Bach or Jessica Simpson? Hmmm.<br /><br />I can't decide. Maybe I'll go back to bein The Professor and just refer to them as Ginger and Maryann! ;)

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I had no idea this was on. I just turned the TV on and had a look, looks like bye bye to Iboats for the rest of the day.

SoulWinner

Commander

The Dukes of Hazzard RULES! I remember back in the day Bo Duke owned a white Lamborghini Countach. A few year ago a local used car lot had a General lee that was Number Three of Four. With it came all sorts of DOH stuff, pictures and authenticity stuff. Man I wanted that car. If it were around and for sale today, would buy it and drive the heck out of it.