Dropping RPMs

Jtgator

Cadet
25' CC with 2002 Mercury ob 250EFI.

Throughout the day of fishing I'll be cruising along at about 5k rpm and the engine will bog and drop to about 4k RPMs, almost like its not firing on a cylinder and is intermittant. Sometimes it will do it everytime I switch fishing spots and sometimes it wont. Sometimes if I slow to idle then take off again sometimes it clears up temporarily, sometime it doesnt. Seems to happen more when engine is warmed up good.
I had all the filters changed and the fuel sytem flushed about a month ago so dont think its fuel. Took it to a local mechanic and he ran it in a lake and could not get it to act up of course and he tells me he cant figure out whats wrong. I've never had a mechanic tell me they cant diagnose a problem. Thinking about taking her to a dealer type shop with a Merc. Cert. mechanic(Parker Marine Central FL). Dont want to take it in if another mechanic will tell me he cant figure it out either. What do you guys think? Take it in or wait for the thing to totally fail. (I suspect a CDI going bad)
Always appreciate the input.

Jtgator

Cadet
Re: Dropping RPMs

Lots of views but no reply's, dont feel bad about not answering. I took it to Merc cert. Mechanic and they cant figure it out either. Guess I'll just run it till it dies.