Drivers license for illegals?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Heard on the radio this morning that NY wants to give temporary drivers licenses to illegal immigrants so they can insure the cars they are driving.<br /><br />WTF?????<br /><br />When are we going to stop giving stuff to illegal aliens to make their stay here more comfortable? They are here illegally! DUH! Arrest and deport them! <br /><br />And now more illegals will flock to NY just to take advantage of this latest give away offer! <br /><br />They use up our resources by putting their kids in our schools, get free medical care in our hospitals, send lots of money to relatives outside of this country, and pay no taxes, and are not afraid of being deported. <br /><br /> They are a drain on our society! <br /><br />And now we are going to give them drivers licenses so they can open checking accounts, get credit cards, etc.<br /><br />Why even have an immigration departement? Save the tax money and let anyone in! What is the point to being a citizen of this country if you can get everything you want and not pay taxes by being illegal?<br /><br />I think the citizens of this country are getting screwed.<br /><br />Edit:<br /><br />This brilliant idea was being pushed by a Latino Preacher. Go figure.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Drivers license for illegals?

Free room and board and a free ticket to where they came from.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Ever been crashed into by a non-English-speaking uninsured unlicensed undocumented resident? Getting some poor child's grandmother deported is of small comfort - you still have to fix your car. Pay the deductible or whatever.<br /><br />Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side, just overwhelmed into apathy, I guess.<br /><br />Those who have regular jobs pay taxes, including social security, which they never claim. That's if they got a counterfeit green card.<br /><br />It just occurred to me, having one of these "temporary drivers licenses" will immediately identify a driver as an illegal alien, right? So just who does this Latino preacher think will actually want to carry one? Better to say, "No hablo Inglés - tengo ninguna licencia de conducir un automóvil" [translation courtesy of www.babelfish.altavista.com/tr ]

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

It is common for a working illegal to use his/her legal friends SSN number when required to have a valid ssn by employer. SSN number sharing is rampant between illegals and the "recently legal". <br /><br />What happens is some lucky soul gets to retire with a much larger ssn check than they really deserve, and the folks who paid into it, don't get any!<br /><br />I personally know an immigrant/citizen whos normal income is about $24K annually who had "lent" her SSN number to an illegal doctor so he could work for a few years for a firm until he was legal. The doctor, although he could not practice medicine legally, was still making $200k a year "consulting". The citizen showed me her SSN statement asking me to explain what it was about. When I questioned how/why her income was sky high for a 5 year period, she rememberd that was the time period she "lent" her ssn to help out her doctor friend, not realizing the consequences of her actions. <br /> <br /><br />Oh brother....

nightlight_4

Recruit

why are you so bitter against immigrants? do you or your parents' travel outside the U.S. to visit different countries

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

How does a legal driver's license guarantee an insured car? A legal driver's license from NY can then be taken to another state and exchanged for a license without a residence status stamp. The illegal has just laundered his ID.

eeboater

Commander

LOL nightlight_4 post #1 = troll.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

LMAO .. thats a good start :D

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by nightlight_4:<br /> why are you so bitter against immigrants? do you or your parents' travel outside the U.S. to visit different countries
This absolutly isnt the point, When we travel, we enter the country we are traveling in "LEGALLY"!<br /><br />Im all for Immigrants coming into this country LEGALLY and learning english, and not sucking this country dry.<br /><br />What part of ILLEGAL dont you understand?

D

DJ

nightlight_4, wrote:<br /><br />
why are you so bitter against immigrants? do you or your parents' travel outside the U.S. to visit different countries <br />
Not bitter, just want a level playing field. And yes, I have gone into Mexico. Guess what, I couldn't get a license there if I wanted one.<br /><br />The Latino activist groups, here in AZ, not only want drivers licenses (not temporary) but they also demand they the illegals have the right to vote and get a free college education. <br /><br />For your info., many illegals already do vote in AZ. No ID is required at the polling place.<br /><br />This is a VERY dangerous issue. There are other than illegal aliens coming across looking for work. There are others that have, let's say, somewhat more nafarious intentions.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

nightlight_4, wrote:<br /><br />
why are you so bitter against immigrants? do you or your parents' travel outside the U.S. to visit different countries <br />
My wife is a Honduran imigrant. I have lived in various countries over the years, not just visited them.<br /><br />So if you are looking to start something, you are "el raspar encima del árbol incorrecto". (Hee, hee, hee... it loses something in the translation, doesn't it?)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Hopefully they will drive back to where they came from, in a Yugo, with the trunk filled with criminals, politicians and lawyers......oh yeah, myu ex too.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> LOL nightlight_4 post #1 = troll.
ROFLOL<br />But shouldn't that have been "nightlight_4 post # 2 = troll. ;)

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Like Dj said " Level playing field..." Why should the honest American working 9-5, 5 days a week, pay tax, SS, and Medicare pay for the illegal to have a better life here than most of us here. I am all for sending them back to where they came from initially and allow those legitimate immigrant comes in and start paying the same tax that we pays.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Link:<br />ROFLOL<br />But shouldn't that have been "nightlight_4 post # 2 = troll. ;)
hehe. It said 1 when I posted. Must have said something somewhere else.<br /><br />Sean

rogerwa

Commander

If we give an illegal the right to drive, I bleieve you will see illegals suing for citizenship. Much like what happened in the business world with independent consultants. If you treated them like an employee, invited them to employeee gatherings, etc.. They should get employee benefits because they are a defacto employee.<br /><br />To me this is easy, if your illegal, your illegal. No school, no vote, no medical, etc.. They made the choice to be illegal, not us. People need to be responsible fro their choices, not expect someone to pick up the pieces for them. Lets just assume that all the illegals and those aspiring to be illegal put their energy into making their own country better instead coming here, where would they be?? Just a thought..

KennyKenCan

Commander

Well, as long as NY has neanderthal, neo-nazi's, right-winged wackos, who keep electing idiots like Chuck Schulmer and Hillory Clinton, we will continue to get ridiculus, tax draining, dumb butt regulations sprung apon us, like this one!<br /><br />Problem is, once NY gets it passed, the rest of the country is sure to follow!<br /><br />Time for the citizens of this country to take back our Constitutional rights, and fight these libral pain in the a$$es, before its too late!

Realgun

Commander

IF they are illegal and they are not supposed to be here why do we let them stay? If you call immigration what do they do? Nothing as usual.

ob

Admiral

Because it's politically easier to let them continue to come in and use the "whose going to pick fruit card."I liken it to the "free natured animal law" that governs loose cats within a large municipality.Animal control knows it's out of control and therefore has simply reclassed the situation and relieved themselves of the responsibility.However,they'll supply you with a trap to catch the animal and then gas it to death if not claimed in 24 hours.Illegal immigration from Mexico is just that.Out of control.And no, I'm not advocating that we gas illegals.Just a buck passing analogy.Trap em maybe though.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

We need to put up a wall, or a mine field, or the worlds largest attack dog pen, or electrified fience right near the border. Until we can keep them out, they will keep walking right on in.