• DSCN0563.JPG
    DSCN0563.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 8
  • DSCN0565.JPG
    DSCN0565.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 8

alldodge

Staff member
They have been adjusted before because the tabs on the bottom have been bend away from the nut. Its ok to leave them that way if you do annual or semi annual inspections.

Not for certain but think the nuts are 1 1/8. Loosen the top nut a few turns and then rotate the nut counter clockwise to raise the bottom nut up.

Kubaat3lover

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks I will do that for sure before summer, by the way. What tabs Youre talking about?
Thanks again for your help! Im doing also Carb rebuilt process now.

alldodge

Staff member
Should I bend it again after adjustment?
I have sprayed it with some WD40

I wouldn't unless your going to let it sit without checking for several years. I pull the drive every year and check alignment and do maintenance. If you do it every year or every other year, I wouldn't bother. It doesn't hurt to do so, but if the top nut is torqued down real tight, the bottom will not move

Kubaat3lover

Chief Petty Officer
Im gonna inspect drive anually, should I turn it 1 full turn? 1/2? 1/4? Whats the way to do it? Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
Do how ever you would like, its all adjusting to a specific point of 2 fingers in/out

I would do one turn on each and then look to see how the marks change. It can always be reversed but I'm just guessing from what your showing.

Kubaat3lover

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks, When doing research for Ujoints with external clips replacement Ive found that my Yoke looks very similar to Volvo Penta yokes (and Ujoints) , sorry for poor quality pic of my yoke:
1603924494386.png
and heres Volvo Pentas Yoke
71tIcxvnTzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

is it possible that someone swap it - if yes why someone do that? Is it interchangeable?

Quicksilver 864282T looks the same with GKN stamped​

Thanks!

Kubaat3lover

Chief Petty Officer
Ive got the one with external clips... 200$ per Ujoint!!
Any chance to go for inside clips or impossible?

alldodge

Staff member
Ive got the one with external clips... 200$ per Ujoint!!
Any chance to go for inside clips or impossible?

Don't know of anyone who has tried to change. Don't think its possible because of dimensions. Could buy one U joint and see if it would work

Can also buy Sierra equivalent

Kubaat3lover

Chief Petty Officer
Do you remember The number? I’m not from US So I have to order it online or find other number

Rick Stephens

Admiral
Do you remember The number? I’m not from US So I have to order it online or find other number
Here's the Thread. I used the Moog crosses in my '93 Alpha 1 Gen 2.