Doral beautiful boat - but so many problems

roger4

Cadet
I just purchased a brand new Elegante 2005 leftover - and had the following problems. Those with an * are not corrected yet. Had this boat for a few weeks only - I can't believe the lack of quality control for such a beautiful boat. No one should have to experience this many problems with a brand new boat!

* shower sump - blows breaker doesn't work
fresh water pump failed
* cockpit fridge - failed needs to be replaced
* io drive indicators - don't work
* generator - surges up and down - needs repair
oil leak in sterndrive hose fitting - oil all over bilge
* hatches by anchor - latches misalligned flew open on wake bent hinges
* water in engine cylinder - need new engine 496 MPI - Merc just agreed to replace it
sink faucet leaks
washdown outlet on bow stuck open - needed replacement
* engines not in sync 150 rpm difference when sync in center
* canvas does not fit several panels to be replaced snaps just don't reach
* loud groan from engine hatch hinge when opening - every time
* snaps pulled out/missing
bilge pump failed - needed replacement
Now the boat can't even be used at all with one engine hydrolocked with salt water in the cylinders. I would really like to hear from Doral on what can be done to make it right. NJ has such a short boating season and I am spending it with my new boat in disrepair.
Roger Schechter rogerschechter@verizon.net

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Doral beautiful boat - but so many problems

So what is the dealer / Doral doing about it ??? I would be doing some jumping up and down and yelling after investing that kind of money in what appears to be a lemon.
Hope you get it sorted out in a hurry....or a replacement boat that works properly.
Stand up for your rights.

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This is unacceptable , clearly these anomalies originate mostly from the DORAL manufacture and not the dealer.
I know that a cruiser like yours takes months to build and arrives at the dealer mostly completed.

My story is quite the opposite. My dealer was totaly Incompetent at all levels. But my 200 sunquest had no flaws what so ever. Althouth DORAL cruisers and bowriders are not assembled in the same location.

Hope your dealer takes care of that list for ya.
The ELEGANTE is truly an exhilarating peace of art.

Keep us updated

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

If they do not then it sure will put me off buying a new Doral product !!!

roger4

Cadet

Thanks for the replies. Merc has authorized replacing the engine with a new one - great news. As for the other items - I am hoping to see them resolved soon. It seems boat dealers get very busy during the season in NJ and don't have the manpower to attend to non-critical repairs even though they sold me the boat and they should have been very prompt in correcting all problems. I considered selling the boat (now 4 weeks after delivery) and buying a Sea Ray at least for their large service network. I may do just that after this season, but the Doral is the most attractive boat in its class and the design and layout is really nice. Im hoping all gets corrected soon and it turns into smooth sailing. If not, want to buy a 2005 Elegante? hardly used - 10 hours.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

By the way Roger. Welcome to iboats.
Strange how they are too busy to fix things up but can always make the time to take your money !!!
I would be asking them for a "loaner boat" while they make proper and complete corrections to your boat. Then you will see how busy they really are. sending an e-mail to Doral informing them of the terrible quality of their products and letting them know that your next communication will be to the media to come and inspect the quality of their product with their TV cameras etc. If you are firm enough and stand your ground you should get some satisfaction.
Good Luck.