Doral 360 - Water Trapped in Hull

sbbamafan

Petty Officer 1st Class
I looked at purchasing a Doral 360 and had a survey done. During the survey we noticed standing water inside the hull. I'll try to explain the location. I'll ask my question first - should there not be a drain/hole in the bulkhead between the engine room and the forward area that would take this to the bilge so it would be pumped out?
The water was visible in two places. The first place we saw it was just below the drain hole in the center storage well below the floor at the approximate location of the galley. There is another storage location just behind that sort of under the stair. Again there is a drain hole at the bottom and the water (again) was right up to the drain hole. There is no forward bilge pump noted in the wiring diagram (nor to be found or a switch) so the only logic is, again, there should be a drain in a bulkhead to allow this to drain to the rear of the boat where it would be pumped out.
You cannot see the bottom of the bulkhead because the water tank is in the way. WE found a likely source for the water, and are not so concerned of the source (or sources) - but it has to be able to escape. Consequently, the boat could not get on plane and I am theorizing that there could be tremendous weight from this water that prevented it.
I really appreciate your thoughts and knowledge.

JustJason

Vice Admiral
I looked at purchasing a Doral 360 and had a survey done. During the survey we noticed standing water inside the hull. I'll try to explain the location. I'll ask my question first - should there not be a drain/hole in the bulkhead between the engine room and the forward area that would take this to the bilge so it would be pumped out?
The water was visible in two places. The first place we saw it was just below the drain hole in the center storage well below the floor at the approximate location of the galley. There is another storage location just behind that sort of under the stair. Again there is a drain hole at the bottom and the water (again) was right up to the drain hole. There is no forward bilge pump noted in the wiring diagram (nor to be found or a switch) so the only logic is, again, there should be a drain in a bulkhead to allow this to drain to the rear of the boat where it would be pumped out.
You cannot see the bottom of the bulkhead because the water tank is in the way. WE found a likely source for the water, and are not so concerned of the source (or sources) - but it has to be able to escape. Consequently, the boat could not get on plane and I am theorizing that there could be tremendous weight from this water that prevented it.
I really appreciate your thoughts and knowledge.
No, no drain holes. If there were drain holes any potential CO leak from the engine compartment could find there way into the accomodation spaces.