Don't know where all the money goes...

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
The thing that keeps whacking us is the big expense every few months. Like new Washer and Dryer, tires for my car, various household expenses, etc. Not to mention the boat, and finishing off the basement.<br /><br />Every time we get some money in the savings account, along comes an expense and "Poof" it goes.<br /><br />Christmas is coming and I am letting everyone know that we are doing an economy Christmas this year. Will still have all the food, guests and merriment, but the gifts will be fewer and cheaper.<br /><br />As part of the economy plan, I am sorry to announce, you are all cut from the Christmas List this year. But do not despair; the economic indicators are on the rise. If all goes well, you can be reinstated in time for next years list. Depending on if you were naughty or nice, of course.<br /><br />Merry Christmas,<br /><br />Mark.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Don't know where all the money goes...

Hope you don't mind if I use your letter to send to my kids. While I am at it I think I will send it (with editing) to the IRS too.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

I hear ya Mark. just had $1600 school tax bill<br />and $450 for tires for wifes van. 1 step forward<br />and 2 steps back sometimes...

gaugeguy

Captain

It's the same everywhere...new dishwasher being delivered today and I had to replace the heater in my hot tub Friday.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I really shouldn't complain because I have a good job and the family is happy and healthy. I think part of the problem is everyone tends to increase the "outgo" proportional to the "income". Such as: I got a raise this year. Also got new expenses, like track and field equipment for my son. He also dates, so there is the driving the kids around thing. More cloths, more hair gel, more bottles of stuff in his bathroom than I can shake a stick at. And he is a BOY! I can't wait to see the bathroom when my daughter is his age. As it is, she started dance classes and pre-school this year. <br /><br />More money in... More money out.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I know what you mean. Dishwasher been broke for a year, blown tire on my van so it is sitting, dead battery in my truck so took battery out of boat, 2 months behind on house payments, phone will be shut off wednesday, borrowed 1500 against tax return to pay bills, all gone now. $300 overdrawn in checking account, haven't seena savings account for 15 years, raising 3 kids under age 4, wife in college. Working full time 50 hours a week plus part time teaching defensive driving and part time for city. Been with same job 9 years in an administrative position for $23,000 a year.<br />BUT I am still one of the richest people in the world because I have 3 wonderful kids and the greatest most supportive wife in the world. <br />Wife graduates college in 5 weeks. Things are looking up!

gaugeguy

Captain

You ever see that commercial with the guy with "a new house, new SUV, swimming pool and a member at the local country club. How do I do it? I am in debt up to my eyeballs...somebody please help me" That is a great commercial :D

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Deputydawg,<br /><br />
.... phone will be shut off wednesday....
Hope you have a cable modem! <br /><br />And you are right, kids are great. Then they become teenagers. DOH! :eek:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Guageguy,<br /><br />That one totally cracks me up. Credit out of control! I love the expression on the guys face.

spratt

Lieutenant

Please forgive me if this comment blows this thread apart, but I can hardly h old my tongue!!!!<br /><br />If Bush hadn't attacked Iraq (alone I may add, singlehandedly), and wasn't a Christian, and if his Dad had not been a President before him, and if he wore different aftershave, all y'alls problems would not exist, and your jobs woould be way more secure, and Deputy, your salary would be double what it is for sure!!!

tylerin

Commander

YEAH Right!!!!, and we'd be ice skating on Gaugeguys hottub :rolleyes:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Bill Clinton signed the NAFTA agreement! Bush gets the blame. Hehehehehe, I bet he feels our pain.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Put gas in the boat yesterday morning.<br />Poof!<br />Needs refueling again.<br /><br />Oh well, nice last ride!! :p

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> <br />Every time we get some money in the savings account, along comes an expense and "Poof" it goes.
Mark....<br />Ya gotta keep Ole JB and his POOF button away from your bank accounts!<br /><br /> :p

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Luna Sea:<br /> Put gas in the boat yesterday morning.<br />Poof!<br />Needs refueling again.<br />
Man, that POOF button is working overtime :D

sangerwaker

Commander

I think he hit my boat gas tank Saturday, too!<br /><br />POOF! Before I knew it, it was empty!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Actually, most of us here are lucky that we can do a lot of repairs/maintenance on our cars and homes. We save thousands every year over folks who pay for every minor and major repair to their home.<br /><br />My neighbor is Mr Rich, and pays for everything from lawn service to pool service. He knows I am finishing off my basement so he got some estimates to finish his. A basic wall/ceiling/floor job in his new-construction house including a "kitchen-ette" with sink and 8ft counter and cabinets came to $45,000 for 960 sq/ft. Price did not include the electic, plumbing, HVAC or cabinets. Ouch! At those rates, I should go into the construction business!!<br /><br />If I didn't do projects myself, my house would not have a lawn, walkways, patio, deck, etc. I just couldn't afford to pay for it all.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

One day at a time, one bill at a time. I got my phone extended but still refuse to answer it. <br />I make more money now than I ever have in my life, so don't complain too often. My bill problem has been my own fault.<br />Problem, I am in the lowest paid career in Nebraska, and my wife will be starting in the second lowest paid carreer in Nebraska (teaching).<br />But I am happy, that's what matters.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Yep.. Christmas gonna be mighty thin around here this year... <br /><br />Hurricane supplies.. A new freezer.. Truck got four tires.. All my vehicle, boat, and trailer registrations came due (8 total)... Lower unit on the merc went poof... Add the regular monthly bills, plus boat insurance is on the horizion.. <br /><br />DANG IT!!! I'm staying "in the black", come hell or high water... :cool:

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> One day at a time, one bill at a time. I got my phone extended but still refuse to answer it. <br />I make more money now than I ever have in my life, so don't complain too often. My bill problem has been my own fault.<br />Problem, I am in the lowest paid career in Nebraska, and my wife will be starting in the second lowest paid carreer in Nebraska (teaching).<br />But I am happy, that's what matters.
Deputy, I got a suggestion for ya...I stayed in a Travel Lodge in Lincoln first part of this year, on my way down to Miami...wanted to pay cash, but they had to have a card to reserve the room...did that, got up the next morning, paid cash, month later got a bill where they charged the card too!!! Paid twice, doggone it!!! And they claim they have no record of my stay there even!!! It was a young chap who checked me out of the hotel that icy morning, and I made the mistake of throwing the cash receipt away when I got to Florida. Now I have no record to prove it...what is that saying "Stupidity should be painful"??? <br /><br />Yep, git yerself a hotel and double charge every other 20th customer:)