Don’t do this please.

airshot

Rear Admiral
I live near Lake Erie, scary to see how often I see that kind of thing !! Often the tow vehicle is rusted out, smoking like a freight train and coughs and sputters going down the road !! On many ocassions have saw the rig have to be towed or pulled by another vehicle to get it up the ramp.....I try to use the less popular ramps to avoid seeing these scary scenes...

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I guess there are lots of folks who look up the towing capacity in the manuals.-----But the manuals do not say when the vehicle is 12 years old ( perhaps run near salty roads ) that towing capacity changes.-----What was say 9000 lbs is now 4000 lbs.----Just my opinion.

tpenfield

Staff member
$19/day rental . . . what could possibly go wrong? :ROFLMAO:

Probably 2-3X the capacity rating. :rolleyes:

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
I guess there are lots of folks who look up the towing capacity in the manuals.-----But the manuals do not say when the vehicle is 12 years old ( perhaps run near salty roads ) that towing capacity changes.-----What was say 9000 lbs is now 4000 lbs.----Just my opinion.

Why? A properly maintained vehicle is going to have the same tow rating... You won't find a single manufacturer anywhere that tells you have to de-rate with age. None. And 12 years is barely broken in!

Now if someone hasn't done a bit of maintenance in 12 years, that is a different story.