Doggone it

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Why o why do the young girls with the skimpy outfits always sit in front of me in church.<br /><br />A little bit distracting to say the least.<br /><br />"The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak" (Matthew 26:41)<br /><br />Didnt their mother tell them not to wear those clothes to church?<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Doggone it

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> Why o why do the young girls with the skimpy outfits always sit... Didnt their mother tell them not to wear those clothes to church?<br /><br />Ken
Disgusting isn't it. Mom's don't stand their ground anymore. Kids pretty much do what they want.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Actually it is the 18+ crowd.<br /><br />Today the woman in her mid twenties had jeans so low cut I got a "vertical smile" most of the time.<br /><br />Bad choice for church.<br /><br />Ken

NYMINUTE

Captain

508.gif
<br />Where were all these girls in 1970?????

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Judge Judy would make them cover up for court. If I was the minister, I would send them home or make them cover up. <br /><br />With music videos, tv shows, and the commercials to help those with their sex lives, then we wonder why they dress like this. I think our media puts it on to make money for themselves without regards to the outcome of our young citizens. Just downright shameful!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br />
508.gif
<br />Where were all these girls in 1970?????
They were around, wearing clothes that had our parents and grandparents taking part in this very conversation.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Any other time, I say let a girl wear what she wants. I wont complain at all. ;) <br /><br />Just at church, you would think they would give it a rest. Any normal man cant concentrate with such distractions.<br /><br />Link, I guess I failed the test!<br /><br />Ken

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I taught my SS class a couple weeks ago about sexual purity. The discussion veered to "how to dress appropriately".<br /><br />My comment was that scripture was clear that if you lust after a woman, you have committed adultery in your heart (Mt. 5:28 I think). Of course, this contradicts the worlds mantra, "you can look at the menu, as long as you don't order". So, if you are wearing clothes that might cause someone to lust after you, you might consider dressing more conservatively.<br /><br />Some of the ladies (and most of the men) agreed with my comment, but those ladies who didn't agree simply don't understand how visually excited a man can get with just a look at a woman and how it can get them "off course". It was a fun topic.<br /><br />We didn't even approach the appropriate dress for at the beach.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey I looked at the menu and ordered everything on it, 33 years ago. :)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) If you had kept your eyes & mind on the "BIBLE" you would not have noticed them lovely ladies!!!! ;) :cool:

spratt

Lieutenant

This post is simply MY OWN IMPRESSIONS OF WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES, so I don't wanna hear about how someone thinks I am force feeding them my faith or beliefs. I live by certain convictions, but you can do what ever you want to do, and we all have to be sure we are ready to stand before God and give account for our OWN actions, not someone else's....<br /><br />The Bible CLEARLY states that men and women who are serving God are to dress "MODESTLY". Also it states many many times that we are to be Holy as HE is Holy...there is a lot of talk in the Bible about seeing another person in their nakedness, and it does not differentiate between COMPLETELY naked or just PARTIALLY naked...and as adults, I think that it doesn't take too much explanation or understanding to know what constitutes nakedness...certain parts of the body are just not to be publicly paraded...<br /><br />Unfortunately the secular christian churches have allowed so much of the world into the church, that it doesn't surprise me in the least that there are women who come to church dressed in ways that invite men to peek. On the other hand, there are men who dress to invite women also. Some women are turned on by bare male arms, as some men are turned on by bared female legs...personally, I think it best to be safe on all accounts IF you are truly desirous to please God. Why not ask a fews women and find out what kind of dress turns women on and see what they have to say?<br /><br />I do not believe that among true Christians, there should ever be a question of whether a ladies dress is appropriate for church, or any other time!<br /><br />One preacher once said, that normal human curiosity is such that when one passes a door to an establishment or just any room is partially open, it invites one to take a look to see what is inside...similarly, when a woman dresses in such a way that certain parts of the body are slightly revealed, it is just like that partially open door...it is INVITING a closer look to see what is in there!!!!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Disgusting isn't it. Mom's don't stand their ground anymore. Kids pretty much do what they want.
If it applied - How about Dad in this?? - generally I'd replace the word "Mom's" with "PARENTS" if so applied..<br /><br />but, this is in general.<br /><br />After all .. what better a place for a girl to find a husband .. :)

spratt

Lieutenant

Well, Barlow, I am thinking that if she is the type of girl who dresses halfway to try to lure a man, he may no have much of a catch after all!! But, to each, his, or her, own....

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

was a joke FlatBottoms .. but, not really .. It's a standing joke (at least when I was there) In religous colleges that they're called "Bridal Colleges" in lou of 'Bible college' gals there tend to try and latch onto a guy more quickly.. the joke carried over to church as well.. <br /><br />sorry ...I'll keep my mouth shut so I don't offend any bible thumpers.<br /><br />[edit] ouch ..just re-read.. i didn't mean to offend by the statement .. I use it loosely ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I was always taught that all people was welcome thru the doors of a church.<br /><br />When did it change that you had to dress a certain way?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

and when is it a girl's fault u can't control<br />yur lust?<br /><br />sorry ken, but u asked 4 it IMO...