Does you wife cut your hair?

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Does you wife cut your hair?

JB,<br /><br /> I too cut my own hair and have done so off and on for 25 years. But I haven't been to a barber since 1994... Every time I buy something for the boat I remind my wife that I'm only spending the money I saved by cutting my own hair... Works every time ;)

tylerin

Commander

Oh yea, my wife has cut my hair since we were married
Maybe you can get "wifey pooh" to trim that "flavor saver" of yours Spinner :D

Kiwi Phil

Commander

How the hell does one cut their own hair?? :confused: <br />I am close to retirement, and got a full head of the good black stuff, :cool: (with a very small grey bit in 3 places). <br />As for the wife cutting it :eek: - there ain't no way she is even getting close to me with a pair of scissors. <br />I go to the barber 4 times a year and get a good close crop, then when it is down over my ears and neck, back I go for another.<br />My Grandad was a short arogant frenchman :D that died at 97 with a full head of thick white hair.I don't feel I will make 97, but I will have his hair.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />
Oh yea, my wife has cut my hair since we were married
Maybe you can get "wifey pooh" to trim that "flavor saver" of yours Spinner :D
Oh I could say something here but won't cause I would not want LD's thread to go POOF. ;)

ehenry

Commander

I like all my appendages thankyou very much. I wouldn't let my wife anywhere near me with something sharp ! ! ! She cuts herself anytime she get high performance cutlery in her hand.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

My poor son is suffering through me learning to cut hair. I figured since I grew up on Grandpa's cuts my boys could survive on mine...I got my first barbershop visit when I was 10 or 11 and still remember it. My oldest has been to the barber but my younger one hasn't, he should remember his first barber cut someday. Since I bought the clippers I have been trying to talk the wife into doing mine but so far it is a no go. And I am kinda chicken to try my own. For us it's not so much about the money but rather just the continuation of a lifestyle I grew up with. :) I prefer to think of it more as Ruggedly Handsome as opposed to a bad haircut :D

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I have cut my own hair since I was in the service. I was in Korea and found a pair of clippers. I can tell you it was a steep learning curve and I spent a lot of time bald, but now I can cut it in any style I would want. In the end I keep it short in the summer and a little longer in the winter. I use a handheld mirror and a large mirror, a lot of contortions, and take my time. I figure if I mess up, I'll be bald for awhile...

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

After that first army cut at the induction station, I learned fast how to keep mine cut just short enough to keep the drill sargents happy and not send me back to the base barbers. Still doing it today some 29 years later, lots of hair, grey mostly, don't care what color it turns, long as it don't turn aloose.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by ScottyBoffshore:<br />
did you get beat up a lot in high school, lubedude?<br /><br />sometimes it's better to just not say anything...
:D :D
LMAO :D :D <br /><br />Limp wristed Im not!! Cheap maybe!

Merc805

Petty Officer 1st Class

Quoting JB<br />
I have cut my own hair for 40 years, LD.<br /><br />It used to be on top. Now it's around the fringes, ears, nose, etc. <br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />JB... Seriously.. I would stick to boats... :D :D

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

L O L :D <br /><br />You are a far braver man than I... Merc.

Throbbin Rods

Petty Officer 1st Class

Does it count if I wish (fantasize)the woman who cuts my hair was my wife?

BW23

Seaman

She cuts bait and cleans fish !!!!<br /><br />but does not get close to my hair with anything sharp!!!

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

The wife and I both go to the same shop for our hair care. The woman that does our hair is a beautiful Philipino that works her butt off 50 to 60 hours a week. She always makes me look better than I deserve to and I always tip her well. My wife needs no help looking good but she always looks better after a few hours with Liz. Folks, take care of your hair dresser. They have seen a side of your that you can't see without a mirror!!!