Does this miss sound like fuel or ignition to you ?

Ironhorse2022

Seaman Apprentice
I’ll move this to the Suzuki forum shortly but thought I’d get broader exposure here to start. I was running my 84 DT30 yesterday on muffs and noticed an irregular miss. Before I start fixing stuff that isn’t broken, I thought I’d see what you people think it may be based on sound. I’m leaning towards a fuel related issue. The motor is new to me. Supposedly had a carb rebuild by the PO and a head gasket replaced. Thanks for your help

Attachments

• 09C28DAE-03CA-46E6-8F16-5059E8D4089C.MOV
    17 MB · Views: 0

Ironhorse2022

Seaman Apprentice
Lean sneeze - that’s a new one on me ☺️. Consensus so far is lean - thanks. My experience with this motor was one 15 min run on the lake the day I bought the boat where it ran great at all speeds. If it had a miss at idle I didn’t notice it. Certainly there was no miss at speed so the “better under load” comment holds. I’ve also run it once in the driveway on muffs which is when I noticed the miss. It’s snowing at the moment but next time I have it running ill try adjusting the idle mix screw out a bit. Thanks for the feedback.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
I’ll move this to the Suzuki forum shortly but thought I’d get broader exposure here to start. I was running my 84 DT30 yesterday on muffs and noticed an irregular miss. Before I start fixing stuff that isn’t broken, I thought I’d see what you people think it may be based on sound. I’m leaning towards a fuel related issue. The motor is new to me. Supposedly had a carb rebuild by the PO and a head gasket replaced. Thanks for your help
I would start with treating like a fuel issue.Change filter /fuel water separator,
fresh fuel etc.All things you should be doing anyway.Wouldnt hurt to check the plugs.Charlie