Does the govt have the right.....

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Does the govt have the right.....

Yeah, you're right RP. You have to go here:

http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/leadcaus10.html

And then hit Submit request button . . . Dang. I guess it is an assembled table, so it requires input, but I believe that the defaults get you the 2004 data that I was looking at. Pretty interesting.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Dont worry guys there is a solution for those that like transfat.

It turns out that trans fats can be consumed by adherents to Kashrut (kosher) and Halal, as well as by adherents to vegetarianism in Buddhism, ahimsa in Jainism and Hinduism, veganism, and other forms of vegetarianism.

And you know we CANT discriminate against any of those groups.

So as soon as the lawsuit is filed, you can expect transfat back on your plate.

:)

Ken

Drowned Rat

Captain

Vegetarian is a very old indian word for "Can't hunt".

crunch

Commander

jtexas said:
Parrott_head said:
Trans fats are cheap liquid fats that have hydrogen gas introduced to them under pressure.

wonder why your voice doesn't sound like a chipmunk when you eat french fries?

You're thinking Helium. :p

jtexas said:
Parrott_head said:
Trans fats are cheap liquid fats that have hydrogen gas introduced to them under pressure.

wonder why your voice doesn't sound like a chipmunk when you eat french fries?
That's Helium that makes you sound like a Chipmunk. :):^:^

crunch

Commander

FLASH NEWS, WORLD SHAKING DEVELOPMENT!!!!

Techy agrees with me! :p

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
Enjoy your transfats!

Enjoy your transfats!

Enjoy your transfats!

weird-people-fat-guy-eating-huge-ha.jpg

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That guy hasn't missed too many meals.....transfats or not.

bassman284

Commander

I was talking to some co-workers the other day and told them that I quit eating french fries when Macdonalds quit cooking them in beef tallow. Just didn't taste right anymore.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

awww come o0n JB
ya done let a young pup like me down.
if a govt entity can ban some kind of voodoo food how come they cannot ban alchohol sales, kills way more than some kind of fat. howcome they cannot ban tobbaco sales, kills more than alchohol and some kind of fat together?
how come they cannot force automakers to install a cell phone blocking device anytime in ign switch is on? irritates me more than all the above.
come on JB where is your leadership ?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I guess we would have to call this a greasy slope. The act itself is actually somewhat encouraging, the concept it represents is discouraging. I worry that we will all be issued our state approved soilent green.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

"if a govt entity can ban some kind of voodoo food how come they cannot ban alchohol sales, kills way more than some kind of fat. howcome they cannot ban tobbaco sales, kills more than alchohol and some kind of fat together?"

I agree that alcohol and tobacco should be banned, but we all know it is all about the tax money.

One arguement towards banning trans fat and things like it is most people have no idea what it is or that they shouldn't eat it. Yeah, you could put a list of ingredients on the menus and have people responsible for themselves, but people are lazy, and would just skip past that information and just order what looks good. Yeah, its government intervening "for our own good", but we ask for it by being lazy. We have lazy parents that feed their kids crap, the kids grow up to feed themselves crap, and the cycle continues.

Most of the people who eat crap are also the people who do not have insurance, and our tax dollars go to treating these people who are either too lazy or lack the knowledge on how to care for themselves. It is about the bottom line.

Same as seatbelts. We all know it is more safe, but those who cost the rest of us through insurance and medical costs by not wearing them forced the guvment to implement laws to try to save lives and probably more importantly, to cut costs. If we don't want the guvment to intervene, then we should probably get off our lazy arses or quit making selfish decisions "because its our right". We don't have the right to be stupid when it costs everyone else time and money.

QC

Supreme Mariner

This is just plain weird. Mrs. QC rented Soylent Green last night and I actually watched it start to finish . . . :0

QC

Supreme Mariner

JasonJ said:
I agree that alcohol and tobacco should be banned, but we all know it is all about the tax money.

I was trying to slice out nice clean quotes from this post, but OMG!!! Jason, do you have any idea how scary your post is? George Bush is an absolute lightweight compared to the control you want our Gov't to have :%

Seriously dude. You need to spend the next couple of weeks reading the Constitution, Mein Kampf and that Marx rag and get back to us . . . Please tell me you were drunk . . . maybe crack, glue, meth . . . anything would be better than taking responsibility for that. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

JasonJ said:
"if a govt entity can ban some kind of voodoo food how come they cannot ban alchohol sales, kills way more than some kind of fat. howcome they cannot ban tobbaco sales, kills more than alchohol and some kind of fat together?"

One arguement towards banning trans fat and things like it is most people have no idea what it is or that they shouldn't eat it. Yeah, you could put a list of ingredients on the menus and have people responsible for themselves, but people are lazy, and would just skip past that information and just order what looks good. Yeah, its government intervening "for our own good", but we ask for it by being lazy. We have lazy parents that feed their kids crap, the kids grow up to feed themselves crap, and the cycle continues.

Most of the people who eat crap are also the people who do not have insurance, and our tax dollars go to treating these people who are either too lazy or lack the knowledge on how to care for themselves. It is about the bottom line.

Same as seatbelts. We all know it is more safe, but those who cost the rest of us through insurance and medical costs by not wearing them forced the guvment to implement laws to try to save lives and probably more importantly, to cut costs. If we don't want the guvment to intervene, then we should probably get off our lazy arses or quit making selfish decisions "because its our right". We don't have the right to be stupid when it costs everyone else time and money.

Already tried the alcohol thing..didn't work out so well.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

12Footer said:
. . .
I promptly and intentionally pulled-into burger king a got a double whopper with cheeeeeez, and a large order of french fries..I figured I best have one last hamburger before pelosi hangs the king.

Anyone else find The King particularly creepy? Especially the first commercial where the guy wakes up and The King is sitting next to him in bed . . .

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

tommays said:
You dont need to look to far to see the dammage are current diet is causeing :(

The Economic Costs of Diabetes in the U.S. in 2002 was $132 billion and a lot of is just from eating bad food from childhood that has become so easy to get

Tommays

Then I say, outlaw dumb parents!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

QC said:
This is just plain weird. Mrs. QC rented Soylent Green last night and I actually watched it start to finish . . . :0

Soylent green has long been one of my standards. If I can't identify it, it must be soylent green.:%

Actually QC, it is very environmentally friendly, don't you think?;)