Does it work

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
NASCAR has enjoyed great sucess in the past decade. Has anyone here adjusted or made purchases based on who sponsors a race car? Would the fact that a company advertises on a car influence your decision to buy one product over another?

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Does it work

The way I figure it, I have bought Dale Jr at least 10 Budweiser Chevrolets ;) <br /><br />But in answer to the question, no.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Being a former stock car racer myself I say yes. Anytime I go into a business that sponsored a car I make sure and let them know that I do business with them because of their support of driver so and so. I has actually helped me out once with a small sponsor deal. I was buying some filter for my car and I commented to the clerk ( who turned out to be the owner) and he allowed me a $100 credit at his store for my program.<br /><br />Oh ya, I support Dale Jr. also, although Keystone is starting to close in on his deal, way cheaper and after 2-3 I can't tell the difference. It sure is nice not having a tolerance for alcohol, makes getting "there" so much cheaper.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I hate to admit this, but yes, it has in the past.<br />I used to buy all kinds of memorablia, and even had a huge collection of diecasts and hats from most of the seasons,featuring my favorite drivers.<br />But NASCAR has (INHO) gone down the tubes in the past five years, starting with Restrictor plates at the super tracks, and has continued a slow decay of core rules and regs,while ignoring "dirty racing" to a large extent. Not to knock WWF, but NASCAR has gone the way of professional wrestling of late. While I still like the sport, I've not attended an actual race since before #3 passed on, and my purchasing habits have returned to a more local level (short tracks and such). I've allways been a fan of stock car racing, but NASCAR has deviated too far from it's roots, and needs to be overhauled before it becomes another roller derby.

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mark Martin, need I say more!!!<br /><br /> :D :p :eek: :) :eek: :p :D <br /><br />I just couldn’t resist posting it!

gaugeguy

Captain

I'm pretty loyal with the products I use, I drink Bud (Dale jr), buy at Napa and Home Depot (Mikey W and Tony S), eat M&M's (Elliot S), Wash clothes with Tide (Ricky C), use Interstate batteries (Bobby L), use Sharpie markers (Kurt B), eat frosted flakes (Terry L) and my brother is Mr Goodwrench (Kevin H). NASCAR hasn't had any effect on that. <br /><br />I do not like Miller Lite or Coors Lite so I do not like Rusty or Sterling. So I guess you could say that I like drivers with the sponsors I use and dislike the drivers that are sponsored by products I don't use...Kinda what you are talkin about pointer, but in reverse.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

If the price/quality is the same I go with the sponsors.<br /><br />But if price/quality is better with non-sponsor, I go with the price/quality.<br /><br />Ken