does anyone refill inkjet cartridges?

ebbtide176

Commander
i just wanted some pro/cons on this before i go off and order some refill kit off the i-net. i last paid @ $35 for a color cartridge in my HP800 series inkjet home printer. and now it needs a black cartridge too... up the street Office Depot wants @ $30 for that! sheesh<br />you heard any good info on people trying to refill theirs instead of buying new?

mfg1963

Cadet
Re: does anyone refill inkjet cartridges?

I bought a refill kit at a computer show for $25 and it worked fine. After 4 or 5 refills the cartridges dried up and I had to buy some new ones but that was probably from lack of use. All in all I'd recommend it. Can be a little messy if you're not careful though. Good luck.<br />-Jeff

petryshyn

Commander

filled lots of B/W cartidges with success. Walmart or Staples have cheap refills...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I tried. It's kinda like trying to poti-train a great dane with diareah( which I also tried to do once...Once!)

hulteen

Cadet

I have had a great deal of sucess refilling canon inkjet cartridges using granny's insulin needles and ink, be careful though don't want to end up with a mystery tattoo like the one i had on the back of my index finger started to fade after a couple of weeks

ebbtide176

Commander

yeah the refill kit worked great for both b/w and color, and got some other family members using kits now. <br /><br />just be careful with grannie's medical supplies- you don't want her to become a literal blueblood ;)

rgp

Cadet

By all means, purchase the refill kits. They're easy to use. Do it at the kitchen sink. The ink rinses off with water. You'll get a little instruction book that shows you how to refill all of the various cartridges. If you have extra cartridges, fill 'em and keep them in a baggie in the freezer.

WaterHog

Cadet

Bought it, Tried it, Have the spots in the carpet to prove it.. Your refills are alot cheaper than mine, Maybe I'll try some of the suggestions you got here..

chads15

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello guys.. Being a HP Certified Laserjet and Desk Jet Technician.. Just a fiew things you need to know about refill kits. Yes they do work. and are cheep and easy to do. But they are not formulated correctly and can cause printer damage. most of the damage can happen to the service station. (this is where the printer rests) Some of the formulas Dry too quickly. Everytime you hit the print button... the printer does several things each time.. it first cleans and purg its self. thats all the clanking and moaning you hear before it pickes up the paper.. when it perges it spits some ink into the perge tank to clear its nosel. each time it does this. it will dry to quick and not run down into the tank.. and will soon back up. then the next thing you know the printer is purging on its self and dragging it all over the paper and making one hell of a mess. now i dont work for HP i am just a technician. and this is some of the things i see. have a great weekend.