Dodge Magnum R/T

11 footer

Lieutenant
Or local dealer dosn't have any yet, but we plan on buying one. It would be my moms car.<br /><br />Has anyone here bought one or driven one yet?<br /> <br />What did you think?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Dodge Magnum R/T

The wife and I test drove one Saturday. She is also interested in the new Chrysler 300....Sweeeet! The price is right on both, but we had negotiation issues, and bank is wanting more interest than Diemler does!! go figure.<br />The Magnum's HEMI is built around Diemler's MDS (Multi Displacment System), is a lot like Caddy's 4/6/8 technology, only better. The power ranges are seamless,and you can only tell by the exaust note, and that is barely noticable on the new car.<br />But they claim an increase in fuel economy from 5 to 20%, based upon driving habits, and where you drive (city,probably 5%,interstate, probly 20%).<br /><br />All I can say is WOW! The beasty is like a glass slipper,until you nail the gas pedal,when it plants you like a bowling ball!<br />It corners like a Vette station wagon (I know they never made one, but for description purposes only, let's pretend). It has much more top to deal with---I would not press the issue, without fear...It doesn't dip, or give any warning, but you know the wieght is up there.<br />And I didn't rag on the loaner.<br />The 300 was a rolling easy chair with onions!<br />I think she is leaning toward the 300roller skate.<br />But now, I want to trade my Ram1500 for the Magnum..sniff-drool-sniff.

ZmOz

Captain

I don't like the looks of it, but it certainly is nice to see a new rear wheel drive V8... :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> I don't like the looks of it, but it certainly is nice to see a new rear wheel drive V8... :)
I'm with you ZmOz, they are sure ugly, but yea, it's good to have another rear wheel drive although I won't have one.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I wouldn't go so far as to call them "ugly". Break-away designs allways get that lable .For instance;<br />The first T-bird, Edsel, PT Cruiser, New Chevy pickup, Pacer/gremlins, First Mustang, i could go on.<br />The new look will take, or flop. I hope it flops so I can get a better deal :)

11 footer

Lieutenant

I agree, 12footer.<br /><br />I didn't like the new Dodge pickups at first,but now I do.<br /><br />I think the new F-150 is ungy, but after seeing them around for a few years I may come around.<br /><br />They make the Magnum in a V6 model, too.