Doctor in the house? Left side of head going numb...

ndemge

Commander
Just started the last week or so, kinda weird.<br /><br />Will get a tingling sensation on the left side of my skull, under the skin for about 10-15 seconds, kinda like as if it went to sleep.<br /><br />happens about a few times a day. <br /><br />Any thoughts?

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Doctor in the house? Left side of head going numb...

I think you should see your doctor ASAP. Just go!

FLATHEAD

Captain

Yeah One thought. Go see the Doc ASAP. Nothing to fool around with.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

GET CHECKED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fishalolic

Cadet

Unless your wife is smacking you in the head on a regular basis, I would seek the advise of a Doctor.

D

DJ

THAT IS NOTHING TO MESS WITH. GET IN----NOW!!!!!

ndemge

Commander

OK OK OK <br /><br />sheesh... treat me like I'm SBN or something :) <br />I'll give the vet a call in the morn and see what he has to say.

magster65

Commander

Uh yeah, It's probably nothing but let a doctor tell you that before you write it off as wierd. You do know that numbness could be a warning sign of a pending stroke that could be averted with blood thinners or ?! Go get checked out... and now.

D

DJ

Noel,<br /><br />Don't kid around. Don't treat it as a laughing matter until you get it checked out. Let's hope, it's nothing, but better safe than sorry.

Ralph 123

Captain

ASAP! ASAP! ASAP! like tomorrow morning!<br /><br />I don;t want to scare you, but if you tell me you're not going tomorrow morning I will have to tell you a story that will scare you...

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had that feeling about 2 min before I had a massive seizure :( about 15 years ago. Please go to the Doctor or the emergency room at a hospital.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Noel, that could be the sign of a stroke or a blocked artery. Take it as you will. It could be nothing or it could be fatal, your call, bud.

D

DJ

Noel,<br /><br />I think you got the message. There are some of here that would call 9-1-1 on you, if we knew where you lived.<br /><br />We, iboat'r, freinds care about you.

brother chris

Commander

Yeah, Noel, I am a first aid attendant as well as all the other stuff people call me :D , But seriously...go see a doc. <br />I will not speculate what it could be, but just go, then come back and tell us everything is okay. <br />And thanks for sharing this info with us, so we could harass you until you go to the doc. ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Can you say aneurysm?<br /><br />Get it checked out now Noel, I do have your address pal.

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Can you say aneurysm?<br /><br />Get it checked out now Noel, I do have your address pal.
Exactly,my stepdad had the very same symptoms(sp?) get it checked out asap....<br /><br />Luckily they found it soon enough, dad had brain surgery to remove the aneurysm and all is well.<br />ICU for a day or so, then just slow healing.<br /><br />Nothing to mess around with.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

:eek: .. Hope it's nothing serious, Noel...

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Could be several things (ever watch "House" :D )<br />There are so many factors that come into it like age, sex, weight etc etc etc that it isn't worth taking the risk trying to diagnose at a distance. I've occassionally been guilty of giving medical advice online and thought better of it because if I ever got it wrong (what? a fallible doc? no way!) it's my career that's on the line.<br /><br />The advice from iboaters is the best: go see a quack, don't sweat it though: 99.9% of the time these things come along and go away with no reason but.........supposing you are the 0.1% ?<br /><br />The interwebnet thingy is great for diagnosing engines and cars and stuff but not so good on the less serious things like health :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Noel, your smarter than that. The time it took you to post this thread you could have made an appointment! Now go see your favorite doc! And please keep us informed. You still owe me a steak dinner and your not going to get out of it that easy! :D <br /><br />Hope things go well for ya bud!

LadyFish

Admiral

Geez Noel, :( take care of yourself. Your body is talking to you.....listen and get to the docs.<br /><br />Never think you're too young for a stroke or heart attack. Keep us posted on how you make out.