dockside weed control, ever heard of it?

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: dockside weed control, ever heard of it?

I thought this was a pun at first and was going to say, Mods? :) <br />Haven't seen it before. Read everything I think and couldnt find where it said anything about salt water use. Plenty of lake dwellers here some Im sure someone has

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

hmm never seen one of those ive only seen the ones you pull behind your boat

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

heard of them and they work

ehenry

Commander

A little 2-4D Amine takes care of all my weed problems in my lakes. Isn't toxic to the fish and keeps the banks clean and brush free all the wayt to the water line.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

a weed roller?<br />does it come with papers? :p

gonfishn

Commander

Gettn busted is a sure fire way of weed control..Oh my bad you meant legal weed roller..

KennyKenCan

Commander

Wish that would work against SEAWEED!<br /><br />Always clogs the water intakes, and fouls the prop!<br /><br />Sea weed here, travels as clumps around the bay. Its okay during the day when you can see them and aviod them, but at night...<br /><br />Well, thats another story...

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Dockside "Chat" Weed Control...<br /><br />... Is that a took the moderators use for getting rid of annoying posters?<br /><br />I better watch out!

sangerwaker

Commander

Yes those things work well, but make sure you check with your DNR to amke sure you can have one. One of my friends had one, and it was doing a beautiful job of keeping the weeds away from his dock area so his kids could swim. The DNR spotted the change from a fly over and made him remove it.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I seen them at work.They do great if you have a sandy bottom and you start at the very beginning of the season.If you have a rock sand mixture bottom they perform mediocre at best.If you start when the weeds have grown long, you will curse the thing because it gets clogged.<br />Besides,you will change the micro climate around your dock and there will be far fewer fish. We always have our kids fishing from the dock and no weeds means fewer fish, that children love to catch.<br />If you would be the only one doing it in your lake it would be fine.Once it becomes a popular thing you will really change the most abundant parts of your lake and be the poorer for it.