Dockside Chat or Debate 2004

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
What ever happened to the enjoyable banter that used to appear hear. Nothing wrong with politics on occasion but it is now the majority of the topics here. Maybe it's just me but I'm starting to not like this dock as much. Ya I know if ya don't like it then leave it...Or...We could take it back. :(

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Dockside Chat or Debate 2004

This dock is OK Neumanns. There are just little clicks of people scattered about the dock. The secret to enjoying it is to find the click that you fit in the best with. Just like a real dock. ;)

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Great perspective guageguy! Please don't leave us neumanns, take guageguy's advice and enjoy all the other groups of conversations on the dock. The good news to all is that the election will be over in less than a year. The bad news is that we will then spend another year talking about how the wrong candidate got into the White House! ;)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I think the dock side is ok!!<br />And I also think that we all go a little overboard on some topics!!!<br />Politics seems to be the biggest culprit!!<br />Like the newspaper, no news is good news !!!<br /> I think Gaugeguy hit the nail on the head!!! ;) :cool:

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I'm not going anywhere, It aint that bad yet. More of an observation than anything. I don't begrudge anybody there politics, more to do with the lack of other post's to balance and lighten the place up a bit. I know there are many like me who still lurk and post here and there but seem to have faded into the background. Used to be several keyboards could be ruined any given moment due to the snappy wit and the readers beverage of choice at the moment being expelled through the nostrils. But latley you are more likley to get your blood presure up than a good laufgh. Don't get me wrong here it's not so much the political that bothers me but the dissaperance of the "Chat". It has been several days since anything here got repeated or read to the wife because I thought it was funny. Hasn't anybody else noticed this?

oddjob

Commander

Yea....now that you mention it, when are YOU gonna bring in some new material? :confused: Your assistance/instruction on the anchor topic was tops.... :)

Carphunter

Commander

neumanns, I hear ya brother! <br />There are a few members here that enjoy stirring the political pot, just to see everyone's blood boil. I feel compelled to respond to these "trolls", even though I shouldn't. I believe there are more of these type of people here than ever before.<br /><br />Myself, guageguy, and Tylerin regularly make fun of each other in a friendly way. We may have an odd sense of humor, but at least nobody gets angry. I know with those two goofballs, I can act as stupid as I want, and we all just laugh.<br />I don't believe the mods particulary care for our sense of humor though. ;) <br /><br />I try not to let any of the posts get me too worked up.

LadyFish

Admiral

Yes Neumanns I have noticed it.<br /><br />I choose most of the time not to read what angers me in fear I will respond and dispell all those sweet thoughts y'all have about me. ;) <br /><br />Truth is any board is what we make it. Like a garden...it first needs to be planted, then fed, and nurtured before it can truly become anything nice.
37.gif
<br /><br /><br />
34.gif
<br /><br />Your mind is a garden,<br />your thoughts are the seeds,<br />the harvest can be either flowers or weeds. <br />
17.gif

gaugeguy

Captain

Goofballs? Whatchoo talkin bout Carp! ;) <br /><br />I miss launching my coffee on the screen through my nose also :(

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Lets have a rumble on the dock. It might be fun to throw people in the water, haven't done that in years. :) <br /><br />We could make a big production out of it, split up into gangs/teams, and have at it. <br /><br />We could call it "Westside Dock Story".

gaugeguy

Captain

King of the Dock!!!<br /><br />Now that would be fun. Great idea Roscoe ;) <br /><br />Who are the captains gonna be to pick sides?

18rabbit

Captain

No, you cannot shoot fish from the dock. But if you are an American Indian …excuse me, Native American … you can use dynamite. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> Can we shoot fish from the dock?
Yeah, that's all we need..."officer, there is a bald man with his head painted red shooting arrows into the water at the end of the dock"<br /><br />"He's OK officer, he just forgot to take his medication today" :D

Carphunter

Commander

Can we throw rocks at the iboats members that got tossed off the dock?<br /><br />Hurry, somebody toss PW2 in! ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Oh yeah, with your Amish beard, and your fuzzy white socks, I bet you don't even float. :eek:

LubeDude

Admiral

Ive been here less than a year, It takes time to get to know the personalities of the different members. Ive been guilty of taking things to heart that I shouldnt have, and been hard on some that I shouldnt have, (for that Im sorry). Its difficult when you cant see the face, or hear the tone of the voice, of the person making the post. Im learning to lighten up a bit. Im always going to be straight forward, as thats just me. I think the Dock is doing ok, Like I have said before, if you see something posted you do not like, you do not have to go there and read the posts. There are lots of posts that I do not read, Mostly because I do not have the time to read everything. Some days I feel like politics, some days I do not.<br /><br />Dont worry Ladyfish, you will allways be our Iboats Poster girl. :)

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> Oh yeah, with your Amish beard, and your fuzzy white socks, I bet you don't even float. :eek:
Amish beard? Not quite, I have a moustache also. I would have floated if you didn't hit me with a @#$&*% rock :D

Carphunter

Commander

That wasn't a rock, that was a Muzzy! You know the advertisement, "Bone-crushing power"!<br /><br />Now if you were wearing a stupid blue hat, then it would've been a rock. :D <br /><br />Agree with LubeDude.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Captains are self appointed, till they get toppled. Team up with whoever you like, but don't trust them too much. Personal insults must be limited to a persons boating or fishing skills. No use of ropes, boat hooks, or glass bottles will be tolerated. Everything else is fair game.