Do Your Kids Still Believe in Santa?

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
My 32 year old daughter still puts milk & cookies for Santa on the coffee table. She also puts a pan of water by the front door for Rudolf.<br /><br />With out fail they are gone when we raise Christmas morning. Do you suppose - - ?????

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Do Your Kids Still Believe in Santa?

Of course they are gone. They are always taken here too. This morning no exception. Kids all grown up and gone.... no matter here. Big Red left me a tele-photo lens with a macro function. U know I believe! :D

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Sure I believe in Santa....all us big kids do. All my grandkids do and I won't tellim' different. What the heck....your only a kid once....for the rest of your life.... :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Santa was here too!<br /><br />The 8 yr old still believes. He got up this morning and saw nothing under the tree. He was really sad, till I asked him to check the stocking. A note in his stocking directed him to the garage, where he found his new dirtbike (the only thing he asked for).<br /><br />You should have seen his face. :) <br /><br /><br />Ken

Fly Rod

Commander

My 35 year old son does, cause he still lives at home for free!!!! Mama Clause would never think of charging him rent even tho he works and makes goooood money!!!! :eek: :eek: <br /><br />Happy New Year!!!! :cool: :cool:

ebbtide176

Commander

yes, she even left oats on the deck with a note taped to the door telling him to come on in, because she left the door unlocked. and 2 diff cookies on the special plate for santa. one cookie was just crumbs and the other had a big bite taken out of it :D

rogerwa

Commander

We tell them that Santa doesn't come if you don't beleive. This helps keep the older ones quiet so they don't spoil it for my young one (4).<br /><br />I think my 11y/o knows the truth yet does not talk about it. My 10 y/o doesn't want the truth and is in denial. My 8 and 4 y/o definitely still do.<br /><br />This approach also works with the tooth fairly. You don't believe and the cash stops..

one more cast

Captain

My 10 y/o doesn't want the truth and is in denial
In denial of what? There really is a Santa Claus . do a search on yahoo people search and you will see.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> Santa was here too!<br /><br />The 8 yr old still believes. He got up this morning and saw nothing under the tree. He was really sad, till I asked him to check the stocking. A note in his stocking directed him to the garage, where he found his new dirtbike (the only thing he asked for).<br /><br />You should have seen his face. :) <br /><br /><br />Ken
That had to make memories.What a hoot!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

My 9 year old kinda knows but still wants to believe so she does. My brother kinda told it differently on accident. A few days later my daughter told me "You dad I still believe in Santa" I explained to her that Santa is for those who chose to believe. If you stop believing then he dies for you. She accepted that answer very well.

FSHKPR

Ensign

i think my kids were about 8 or 9 when they were getting skeptical about it. so that year we went to a friends house on christmas eve just to visit. my buddy and i were down in the basement playing pool and we snuck out of the house. went to my house and put all the presents under the tree. then snuck back to his house. well when we left and came home the kids were amazed that all the presents were under the tree and they were with us all night. It had to be santa. it gave us another year anyway.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

My 9-year-old knows that there was a man who did help out children by delivering presents. He also belives that his motivation was because of his love for God. He understands that mom and dad carry on the tradition of Saint Nick because of our love for God and willingness to help others by giving gifts (including our own kids). He has been good and not told his younger siblings the "truth" about Santa.<br /><br />My 5 year old daughter and 4 year old son believe the traditional story (red and white suit, down the chimney, delivers gifts, eats cookies, etc.)<br /><br />We don't focus on Santa but we let them have fun with the belief. We focus on the birth of Christ Jesus since it is "Christmas" not "SantaClausmas".