Do you like hotdogs?

SoulWinner

Commander
When I was a kid we were poor, so we ate hotdogs a lot. I used to hate them, but now I like them. The best dogs are the Bird Dogs from Blue Haven Ostrich Farm. Nathans are good, but Hebrew National are better IMHO. So, what do you put on your dogs?? I like mayo, mustard, ketchup, cheese, onion and relish. What do you like??

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Do you like hotdogs?

Hormel Wranglers, (smoked, coarse ground beef), flame broiled. <br /><br />On Roman Meal whole wheat buns with a bit of French's Spicy Mustard/Horseradish. <br /><br />Ice cold Heineken or Beck's Lager along with them.<br /><br />Dang, just describing them makes me salivate. :D

ehenry

Commander

Lost my taste for dogs or any type processed meat like that after I worked in Bryan's packing house.

gaugeguy

Captain

Love a good Schonland dog. French's mustard only, unless it's a chili dog :) Then it's chili, cheese, jalepenos and lots of napkins.<br /><br />Thanks SW, my mouth is watering too ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

Boars Head all beef gormet hot dogs mmmmm mmmm good. They pop when you bite into them and remind me of the great ones they make in Deerborne Michigan.<br /><br />I actually love hot dogs but I am particular as to which ones. :)

oddjob

Commander

I had a chili,onion,halopena,w/ a stripe of musterd on top....twice for lunch this week. I had some left over romain lettuce so I lined the bun with the leaves and it did a good job of preventing the bun from splitting and making a mess. ;) <br /><br />Hebrew sabrets or beef oscarmeyer (boiled) and on the grill....heck, I'll even eat a chicken or turkey lip dog of any kind off the grill.<br /><br />The cheap dogs seem like the only dogs that dont shrivel up after you take them off the grill.<br /><br />Also like sauerkraht (sp) and sabrets red onion sauce. <br /><br />Oh! and dont forget to add some beer if you boil them.<br /><br />Once in a while, I like just a plain dog on a bun with no fixins at all. ;) <br /><br />Thanks for reminding me that I'm pooe SW. :)

ZmOz

Captain

I like them when I'm eating them, but once I've had two I allways feel like throwing up and wonder why I ate them. :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Bleeah! :eek: I hate em,i would no sooner eat chinese food, :( i just don't like mystery ingredients thats all.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

nope not after working at oscar mayer for a year

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

ZmOz,<br />DITTO. Same thing happens to me. Sometimes after one hotdog. <br /><br />A hotdog is just another kind of sausage. They say there are two things you should never watch being made: politics and sausage. <br /><br />In feudalist Europe, when a hog was butchered, all of the choice cuts such as the hams were reserved for the land lord. The serfs took the remaining organs and less desirable cuts, ground them up and stuffed them back into the lining of the hogs small intestine (presumably after is had been cleaned) along with some spices. Voila! sausage. :eek: <br /><br />So you see, hotdogs have been the staple of pofoks for a while. :D

cjones4@hvc.rr.com

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Any trip to New York City is not complete without a couple of dirty water dogs bought from a vendor that looks like he slept under his cart the night before. Mustard, red onions, kraut. MM MM good!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) give me the "Old Tyme Frank" ;) with ketchup and saute onions!!!! ;) "Ummmmmmm Good!!! ;) :cool:

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like Nathans with Vidalia Onion Relish garnished on it with a dab of yellow mustard.<br /><br />If no Nathans are available, then a Sabret or any all beef hot dog.<br /><br />I like em grilled till they just start to burn.<br /><br />My wife will "grill" them on a burner on the stove, it works great. :)

Throbbin Rods

Petty Officer 1st Class

One old dude + one hot dog= one humongous migraine. Same thing with any processed meats. No dogs for this old dude.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Hebrew Nationals are the only dogs I'll eat, and even then not as much as I used to. At least Hebrews don't have as much snouts, arseholes, and lips as the cheaper brands do, but I am confident there are some interesting ingredients in them too.

tylerin

Commander

They always taste better at the ballgame. Brautwurst w/ kraut my favorite

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Soulwinner great topic,<br /><br />Growing up in Wisconsin the only way to get a real hot dog is to go to one of the small (and I mean small, like 2000 sq ft) meat companies in Northern Wisconsin. No meat product of quality can be made in a factory the size of the Mall of America. In fact most good local people can identify their hot dogs by name, (like Bessie :p ). Us country folk keep our lawn mowers in the yard all summer and in the freezer all winter.<br /><br />The award for the finest hot dog consumed by this humble judge of fine meat products, goes to the Whitelaw meat company, Whitelaw WI.<br /><br />These clyindrical masterpieces came in one size and stangely enough hung out both ends of any bun sold. A natural casing supported an inner meat delight that was spicy but allowed for different interpretations based on specific condiment selection.<br /><br />A hot dog without mustard is abuse. All additional selections are appropriate. I have had opportunity to savor these tube steaks with onions, ketsup, chili, peppers, pickle relish, sweet relish, and BBQ sauce(Sweet baby Rays, or Saz's). Each experience was more rewarding than the last.<br /><br />They are good for lunch (portable, just put in a thermos with boiling water), dinner, a snack, cookouts, finger foods, hell I'd eat them for breakfast if my mom didn't ration them as kids. <br /><br />Hot dog's, an American tradition, appropriate for young and old alike (stomach's allowing) traditional yet chic, simple but elegant. Damm, now I'm hungry. Better call mom!! :)

Bondo

Staff member

Rice's Hot Dogs...........(the Red 1s)<br />From Bangor, Maine............<br />Sitting in a "New England-Cut" Steamed Roll.......<br />Smoothered in Chopped Onions, that were Sauteed with the Dogs...........<br /><br />Maybe a small squirt of Frenches Mustard..........<br /><br />And !!!<br />A Cold Moxie to wash it down................ :D

DC698

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Fly Rod -- Nothing like a Fenway frank and a $6.00 "cup" of beer to go with it!?!

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

Here in Soprano land, Bloomfield, Belville, Nutley, Kearny,Montclair,and others, lived in each of the above. The king of dogs is the Italian Hot dog. <br /> This delecacy is two dogs,onions,peppers and potatoes fried and served on a half pizza loaf,which is a pita like disc of Italian dough cut in a pocket.<br /><br />The most famose vender is <br />jimmybuff.com since 1932