Do you ever wonder how you made it to adulthood?

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Do you ever wonder how you made it to adulthood?

Been gone for a few days, just came back online and wanted to see how this was going. <br />Each time I read this thread I think back to my teen years! Like when we used to get liquered up and try to race our dirt bikes in the snow. <br />I tried the butane lighter fluid on my hands a lot. One trick I still do sometimes is cup my hand in a loose fist. Hold the button on my lighter in my hand between the thumb and finger so it fills the opening, then light it. I can then stick the end of my cigarette in the opoening by my thumb and light it. When you open your hand then it goes poof! The fluid on your hands til it burns off is also cool. We used to run our lighters on our jeans then light it and have a few seconds of flame on our pants. My best friend found it doesn't work with polyester.<br />One time I used a fruit jar full of gas in my driveway, with the burning rag like Chris said. Shot it and it blew. I lived far enough in the country it was harmless.<br />Once when I was a teen, a friend and I worked on a farm. The farmer had an old barn he wanted to burn down to clear the land. He told us to use a pint of deisel to soak the wood on one spot, and light it. I left to get lunch. When I got back my friend had a burning feed sack full of rocks and soaked in oil. He siad "your just in time to light this". He lit the bag and threw it into the barn from a distance. As the bag hit the barn went BOOOM and blew the south wall off. The blast broke a window in the shop across the yard. It turned out he was feeling bored, so he poured about 20 galons of gas from the barrel around the inside of the building. It was a calm, warm, humid day so all of the vapors were contained. Now I have seen aa lot of things in my life, but that was cool!

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Do you ever wonder how you made it to adulthood?

In light of his revelations, I'm beginning to think I should rename this thread "Can anybody explain how deputydawg managed to make it into his teens, never mind adulthood?". Mate, you were a human hurricane.