Do coils come in packs of 1 or 2?

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
it is .....that is why they use it for brushes in motors "
It has a very low resistivity ranging from 9 to 40 µΩm

micro ohms per meter ain't bad

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I thought so.------Carbon / graphite has been used for that wee pin in distributor caps.-----Brushes in monster generators.--------Electrodes in EDM machining.----Etc, Etc

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
Has this motor started and run since you found it?

Yes, In the fall it had spark in both cylinders, ran and started only on full throttle (Plugged carb I believe).
Cleaned carb and gas tank, but I only get intermittent spark. Sometimes one plug has spark, and then it will switch and the other plug has spark.

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
looks ok and it has a rubber boot which the chineese coils don't always have !
My coils arrived yesterday in the mail but the puller has not yet. What exactly are the little rubber caps for? I tested the coils and they were good which I was happy about.

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
useful or not what I do is screw in the cable on the HV pin slide the rubber boot on the coil after I have filled the inside rim of the rubber boot with dielectric grease to seal out humidity and discourage sparking to the mag plate frame .

as i said… useful or not

plug wires get a protection sleeve over them … useful or not

Attachments

• photo310145.jpg
    photo310145.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
little rubber caps go on the 7mm plug wire fitted back against the the coil where the wire is " screwed" on the high voltage pin.

Update on the coils...
i cant seem to get the wires screwed into the coils when I use the little rubber caps. I insert the “tapered end” of the cap into the coil and push the wire into the bigger more open end. I can’t push the wire in far enough to make contact with the coil “screw”. It works fine if I skip the cap but I know it’s useful. I know I have the right size wire also

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
the coil end wears the rubber cap like a condom… in other words the wider end of the cap fits on the coil and the wire screws into the coil via the smaller diameter section of the cap … got it ?

we are into 103 replies ….:cower:

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
the coil end wears the rubber cap like a condom… in other words the wider end of the cap fits on the coil and the wire screws into the coil via the smaller diameter section of the cap … got it ?

we are into 103 replies ….:cower:

Thank you for your time and patience. I got it running tonight and it runs pretty good. Blue/white snapping spark and will idle decently. The Chinese coils seem to be rubbing on the flywheel. I have no adjustment left, I spent at least an hour trying to line up the ends with the boss. Should I sand the ends of the coils so they don’t contact the flywheel or should I Dremel out the mounting holes? When I tried to restart the motor the coils would catch and send the throttle position back to stop. Thanks again for the help
im learning a lot