Do Cement Trucks have 2 motors?

eeboater

Commander
Re: Do Cement Trucks have 2 motors?

Those are the ones I was wondering about!

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

From what I've seen. The engines in the rear run everything, driveline and drum. If I remember correctly the wheels on the engine also have steering. Quite ingenious in my opinion, engine breaks down or requires maintance, disconnect it and install spare. Truck does not see much down time and that = $$

Realgun

Commander

Its a lot easier to drive up to the pour site then it is to back into a pour site. It not bassackwards its made to be practical!!! :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

These things vary from region to region due to weight and bridge formula laws. Basically they modify the design anytime they can find some trick way to get another 1/2 yard of concrete on board.<br /><br />I wish we had that type out here as they are waaay cool. I love ugly equipment that is that way to find a way to serve the market. I think they call that a front ejector? Anyone? Anyone? Bueler?

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

OMC<br /> That one there’s a pusher...if it continues to hang around the neighborhood contact the authorities....if they start to "Gang Up" ya got problems.

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

is a water pump they have on board considered an engine.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

So if an engine drives and a motor is driven isn't that hydraulic thingy that rotates the drum an engine? Why is everybody calling it a hydraulic motor? And wouldn't the hydraulic pump then be a hydraulic motor?<br /><br />Just trying to keep you all awake.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Does anybody know the weight of 1 cu metre of concrete? I am serious<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Triton II

Commander

Oh, sorry, forgot to add, it's about 2.3 tonnes per cubic metre.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Boy, wait till I tell the wife. <br />Her, me and the worker put down 13.5cu m a couple of weeks back. 1st time for all of us. She had the job of pulling it back off/from behind the screed and spreading it around. She soon learnt not to have the truck put too much in one place. Only came in 2.4m loads though.Complained bitterly about rough hands. Didn't drop the shovel trice.<br />Thanks<br />Cheers<br />Phillip