Disappearing unread posts boldness

foodfisher

Captain
Since loading the much faster goggle chrome, I'm experiencing that when I reply to any post, I lose the boldness (darker blue) that tells me I haven't read another post. Now, after replying to any post, I have to check time of any other post to know if I've read the post. Solution or deal with it?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Disappearing unread posts boldness

LOL Gotta love chrome.

What I do...... I open the post I want to see or reply to in a new tab ;)

Bob_VT

Staff member

Okay the easiest way is to select a post by using a RIGHT click and then select Open In A New Tab. I can fill the top of my computer screen with "tabs" and as I finish I close that tab.

foodfisher

Captain

Not sure we're on the same page. When I'm perusing the forums, I'll reply to a post on Force/chrysler and all the unread posts on dockside chat show up as read (pronounced./red).

Bob_VT

Staff member

That is strange and does not happen w/me ?? Maybe Don S will pop in......he uses chrome too.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure there is a problem. The type in the thread titles are dark blue if you have not viewed the post or if someone has posted since you last viewed it. Then, after you have viewed it, the type becomes lighter blue to show that you have viewed it.
At some point, if you have been on a single post for a long time they seem to all (all threads and all forums) turn light blue, but that happens to me on Chrome, IE8, IE7 and Firefox, and on many different computers for years both at home and at work.

Untitled2.jpg

foodfisher

Captain

You've described it perfectly. Guess I'll have to read and type faster, and no more trips to the throne.:(

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

I've been debating on going chrome. Guess I'll give it a whack