dirty water with oil coming out from the holes in the lower unit

Hello. I just bought the used gamefisher 225581750 motor and I replaced the impeller. Now it works. There are two small holes in the right site of the lower unit. the dirty water with oil coming out when I started the motor. I think it is not normal, is that the gear oil leaking? Can someone sharing me the great opinion? Thank you very much.

Attachments

• image_67515393.JPG
    image_67515393.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • image_67171073.JPG
    image_67171073.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 12

Nordin

Commander
These holes are for draining the midsection from water.
The oil is unburned two stroke oil from the fuel mixture.
Two strokers do not burn all oil, especially when idling.
Smell at the oil, if it would be gear oil you will feel the different in smell.

These holes are for draining the midsection from water.
The oil is unburned two stroke oil from the fuel mixture.
Two strokers do not burn all oil, especially when idling.
Smell at the oil, if it would be gear oil you will feel the different in smell.
Hi Nordin, I really appreciate your kind reply. There do some smoke come out and I also saw other people's vedio and they also have smoke. But I have no idea what the normal smell it should like. So, do you think it is normal? Thank you very much.

Nordin

Commander
Yes. it is normal and when you run it in a bucket all residue and oil will stay in the bucket.
You will see more smoke when running it in a bucket.
Two stroker smokes cause it burns oil and if the ratio oil/fuel is a bit more than 50:1 ..... yes you will see more smoke.

Yes. it is normal and when you run it in a bucket all residue and oil will stay in the bucket.
You will see more smoke when running it in a bucket.
Two stroker smokes cause it burns oil and if the ratio oil/fuel is a bit more than 50:1 ..... yes you will see more smoke.
Hi Nordin, Thank you very much for the nice reply. It is really helpful. Thank you.